1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Gasol may want out of Memphis...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 27, 2017.

1. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I'd personally would keep Capela over acquiring Gasol, plus wouldn't we need to add salary? Capela's salary wouldn't be enough, and I would not deal Gordon, or Ariza and I doubt they'd take Ryan Anderson.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Alongside Gasol, someone Faried could fill in for Capela on the offense. Too bad he's being paid $12.5M per

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The beauty of having depth with guys like PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah A Moute whom are versatile is that you can slide them in to play starter minutes with experience at those positions as well.

If you want you can even go super small and slide Harden to the 4, which he actually ends up playing on the pick and rolls anyway, CP3 at the one, Gordon at the two, Ariza at the three, and Gasol at the five. In any case they're pretty much interchangeable and bring diversity/versatility to the lineup.

I'm not as weary about losing Anderson (even with Capela) if it means gaining Gasol.

Deyonta Davis + Marc Gasol for Clint Capela + Ryan Anderson (picks included) would work....

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes. Capela & Ryan Anderson as a package, or a combination of players such as Ariza, Capela, Black, etc. Because of salaries Capela and Gasol cannot be swapped out.

5. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Would consider trading Nene and T Black for Gasol. Breifly consider.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@Snow Villiers these are fighting words :eek:

7. basketballholic

You are overestimating Marc's trade value. Every factor is against Memphis getting a decent return for him.

The league is chock full of young, talented big men. And more bigs are coming next draft.

There's going to be other big men available on the trade black this trade deadline including DeAndre, Noel, Jahlil, both Lopez brothers, one of Tristan/Love, and possibly even Whiteside and DeMarcus.

The league has changed. Teams want dominant rebounding/defense, three point shooting, and PnR finishing from their bigs as we are inundated with good and great playmaking guard/forwards.

Don't get me wrong here. Marc is still a great player. But study the market. It is much more likely that we see a shuffling of current big men around to different teams than we are to see a guy like Marc go for draft picks, young players and cap space.

The top end of his trade market is probably Capela/Anderson. Maybe a straight up deal for DJ? Miami would for sure take him for Whiteside. Boston-no. Cleveland - Tristan and another salary....would they do Love? And if so what does Love do for Memphis? Nothing. He isn't better than Gasol. Just another decaying asset.

One thing for sure, Marc Gasol's basketball career clock is ticking. What does he want to accomplish? Championship, gold medal. What else is there? Ummmm, win those with his brother.

Up until the acquisition of Chris Paul, I would have been all in on a trade for Marc Gasol. Love to watch him play. Love to watch his bball iq on display. He's one of the smartest players in the Association. But now that Paul is here I'm not sure. Paul is older. Adding Marc shortens our window. I'd prefer to lengthen our window by adding a star/superstar player that is Harden's age or younger.

However, if a deal for Gasol was on the table for Clint and Ryan I'd have a difficult time turning that down. I'd just make sure that there wasn't something better available (DeMarcus, or maybe Brook and a high first) before I pulled the trigger on that deal.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He would be nice if we could get him. Though I wouldn’t trade him for Capela. Idk if I would go for him though. We have a good team and Capela is perfect for our system. Mark usually is exhausted a few minutes into the game. Whenever we play them.

He would be awesome for the playoffs. But only one I would trade him for is ryno. Even Ryno I like him on our system plus he has play much better defense. And those long 3 point shots help spread the floor.

9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

David Fizdale, and our dear former interim coach JBB will take his position. I don't know what this means for a potential Gasol trade. Still I would like to add a quality rotation player, say buy out Melo, if we were to trade Gasol with Ryno and Clint.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I won't be able to sleep properly until this is in the dish

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

El oh el

12. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I kik ur as

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Waht u tlkn bout bruh? o_O

14. JaceMan da SpaceMan

U say that till I lick ur ass for that

15. thekad

thekad Member

Capela + Anderson for Gasol makes the Rockets worse.

RockWest likes this.
  16. Nivos

Nivos Member

Its Anderson + Black + Qi + draft picks.
    Obviously its a long shot that wont cut it if Boston or even Cleveland would like to have a go, but point is that I dont think its smart to give away Capela + Anderson for Gasol. Big mistake! Humangus.
    You through in what youre willing to give up and it might catch. Thats how Morey does buisness, and he's pretty good at it.
    If it doesnt go, we're pretty good the way we are, maybe wait for Tyson Chandler or a buyout later.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Snow Villiers He wants to lick your ass. :eek::eek:o_O:confused::confused:

Snow Villiers and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

No to Gasol. I like watching all the lions to Capela

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Really? That many posters love Capela + Ryno that much?

Manboobs is arguably the best center just a couple years ago. This year he should continue to be an All-star.
    With players like CP3, and a veteran bench, I go for the proven player over potential.

And Gasol's game will aged well, especially after he added 3p shooting to his game. Other than raw athleticism, Gasol is better in every way than Capela. He is like a modern day Sabonis, with his passing, shooting and size, it would not surprised me if Gasol have a career as long as his brother and Nene.

20. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

A 33 year old who is declining, had major foot surgery not long ago, and is owed 25 million the last year of his contract? No thanks.

TracywtFacy and Pen15clubber like this.