1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mar1juana Re-Shapes Brains of Users

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 15, 2014.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Quick! Name a drug that has no negative effects whatsoever!

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I wasn't talking about dependence

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The cure for 'Put any illness here'

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So people who smoke lots of pot are unmotivated depressives?

And we needed a study to tell us this because...... Is it not obvious???

5. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

LOL! 'Chemotherapy'

6. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Not an illness but you know where I am going with that :p

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Even if mar1juana is a gateway drug, then legalization would reverse the stigma by separating mar1juana from illegal narcotics. Pot usage among teenagers decreased in Portugal after legalization.

Like I said, it is coming and the only people really trying to stop it are alcohol and tobacco lobbyists.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Means absolutely nothing if they don't said what "abnormal" equate to. I bet if they did a similar study on someone drinking alcohol or even is addicted to chocolate, they see something "abnormal" in the brain.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Contrary. People wouldn't smoke mar1juana if it left you feeling un-motivated and depressed. :confused:

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I bet you the study was on people who smoke crappy mexican shake laced with DDT and other herbicides. And not the quality, organic flowers of Colorado meticulously manicured by humans, daily for $13/hr wages.

It's like doing a study on alcohol using unregulated hillbilly moonshine as a study. Or doing a study of green tea imported from China warehouses where they dry it with exhaust pipes from combustion engines.

And, I'm only partially joking here...half serious. The meticulously manicured organic bud by $13/hr hands is no joke.

#50 heypartner, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  11. TISNF

TISNF Member

Ha. Are you referring to the single paper in 2005 that referred to the benefits of cannabinoids? What I got out of it was that, as most people consume mar1juana through combustible means, the benefits are compromised.

Inhaling smoke of any sort (cigarette, hookah, bong, joint, etc) is still putting carcinogens in your body. That's not a good thing.

Always surprised how that doesn't get discussed more with the contemporary weed debate.

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

LOL man sometimes its good to laugh

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This study has no value whatsoever because it doesn't describe or detail what changes and behavior is made.

If it makes you lazier and less productive or even something a lot worse, prove it.

Hotboxing inside an echo chamber is worse for the mind than weed itself.

If mj is a gateway drug, then that's the end of it. It's over.

Many of the arguments are that it isn't a gateway drug for good reason. Public opinion won't let that fly because of the slippery slope of harder drugs is serious and real.

Because if weed wasn't illegal, the price for it could lower dramatically and there wouldn't be a need to inhale it. You could flat out make food with it or have it in a buttery form to use in a vaporizer.

14. TISNF

TISNF Member

Well that certainly would be a "less bad" thing from my perspective. I guess only recently have vaporizers been mainstream (in fact the only times I've tolerated, perhaps enjoyed mar1juana is via a vaporizer). And they were the size of a table about 8-9 years ago from what I recall.

I've seen they're now making handheld varieties that warms oils versus using combustion. Seems like it's already "cheap enough," but, like cigarette smoking, the "cool" factor of seeing/feeling smoke is part of the "alluring experience."

I highly doubt vaping will be widely adopted as the primary mar1juana a delivery device. I just don't see it happening, though I'd be for it.

Any way to get people away from inhaling carcinogenic smoke is at least a step up. I'd fully support a hypothetical law that legalized the sale of mar1juana if it was only allowed to be sold in non-combustible forms.

Same for cigarettes for that matter.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You don't see it as a delivery device because it's more expensive compared to smoking out. It also costs some upfront cash for a decent vaporizer.

For people that consider it "cheap enough", that kind of money isn't an issue. But as there's a higher price for banning weed, the effects of a true market cost won't be known.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Anything that alters your mental status is going to change your brain. Alcohol, improve me for the best.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Oh shut up. Who are you to judge anyone?
    If you like it, that's fine. What other people don't do in their spare time is their business.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

can lay pipe for hours but can never pop the cork

noamsaiyan

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

We have that already. E cigs.. :)

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Having a damaged amygdila sounds like a pretty good thing to me for a whole lot of the people I see day to day.

The amygdila controls activation of panic and fear. Impairing function would pretty much result in a whole lot of more relaxed and less stressed people in the world.