1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mar1juana Re-Shapes Brains of Users

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sure he will. Like my friend who has a Harvard MBA. He knocks back two or three glasses of single malt Scotch several evenings a week, and is suffering terribly because he only has an annual income in the upper 6 figures a year. The guy is terribly depressed because his net worth isn't what it could be. Of course, he blames it on the market downturn that we are finally coming out of. I'm sure it's the Scotch.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

or your self-employed. Alotttt of my pot smoking friends (as I am) is self employed. Infact (maybe it is just the people I surround myself with) my friends who do smoke weed tend to be alot more successful opposed to my friends who do not.

But again, my friends who smoke weed also tend to have their own companies, opposed to my friends who do not (they tend to work for others).

I feel weed has had a HUGE factor on my success. So many times I wanted to be lazy and relax as I was growing my business, just burnt out... until I smoked. That seemed to put some motivation back into me and instead of looking at it as work, I looked at it as a super fun hobby I couldn't wait to dive into. We have grown every year for 9 years and last year it made 1.8 million revenue/ 600k which were direct profits after costs of operations. Looking to crack 2 million revenue this year.

#22 Realjad, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Raven

Raven Member

Corporate media fear mongering.

4. Realjad

You are the problem. Not the weed. Weed amplifies your perception of the world around you and how you see yourself in it.

If you are a cool chill creative person then smoking weed can make you more of what you already are. If you are an uptight wound up douche with issues that you hide from in everyday life.. well then weed will strip away the b/s you tell yourself to get through the day and hold a mirror up to your psyche to show you just what a uptight namby pamby square you really are.

Learn from that bad feeling. That feeling is your conscience telling you that something about you is wrong and that you are lying to yourself about it, that is the fear, the panic, the paranoia that you are feeling. Its not the weed, it your mind trying to suppress reality.

It's a wave you got to learn to ride before you reap the benefits. Not everyone wants to ride the wave.

Is it a cure-all? No. If you have an awful disorder you probably shouldn't do it. If your lactose intolerant you probably shouldnt drink milk. Unfortunatly a huge part of the population does have severe disorders. Anxiety disorder? Weed can exacerbate or bring out anxiety in those predisposed to it, same thing- it could be what cures it if you fight through the uncomfort.

#24 Realjad, Apr 15, 2014
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dude! You should call The Journal of Neuroscience to make sure they took this complicated axiom into account when they accepted Dr. Breiter's paper!

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I need some of this motivation weed!

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

WOF's vs. WOH's, when will the madness end?

8. Realjad

There are thousands of papers in various categories like this. For example, I don't see that the experimenters examined the brains in question before the cannabis use started.

BTW please go through my post history of the course of 9 years and discover I was a neuroscience major and went into the medical field before starting my own business.. I've helped plenty of people out with plenty of issues here on this forum

#28 Realjad, Apr 15, 2014
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

be careful with gateway

10. droopy421

droopy421 Member

That is hilarious if you believe that

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Again. Who should I believe?!?

[​IMG]

12. Realjad

Yeah that's why I quickly edited to say in various categories.

Also... If your asking.. It should be easy to figure who you should believe. Google is your friend, there has been publications and papers without any real substance for years. This is by far the first. If they lied there (or stretch the truth with an insert word 'casual') then they probably.. stretch the truth in other parts. Papers on major brain changes believed to possibly be related to cannabis has been published many times for many years- especially with an emphasis geared towards use in children.

#32 Realjad, Apr 15, 2014
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats very endearing to call the majority of humanity "*****heads" to get them on the weed train.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Haha look at this stupid Republican, thinks people still use Gateways.

Probably still owns a Palm Pilot too.

2 people like this.
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

actually I wasn't even talking about computers...

16. Realjad

War/Global Warming/Rich-Poor Ratio/World Politics/Overall World Damage-Ocean strength-Ozone Strength-Forest Epidemics..Epidemics in general/Endangered species #'s skyrocketing/so on..ect...

Sorry man. This isn't fantasy- that sums the world capacity up pretty well by the results and look of things. You can cry 'thats mean!' if you want.. or maybe 'I'm insulted!'. Haha, did you come from the generation where both teams won when in reality one did lose?

Mental Illness is skyrocketing- caused alot by stress (things that cause stress) which is having a very real impact on the world. Weed is absolutely an excellent option to lowering stress levels. I don't really see where your outcry over that statement is coming from, its really not that far off from the truth.

#36 Realjad, Apr 15, 2014
  17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

weed kills cancer

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

mar1juana dependence occurs in only 10% of regular users. I wonder what the percentage is for Alcohol and Tobacco.

mar1juana is just a different breed of drug altogether. It has medicinal merits, but like most mind altering substances, abuse can lead to issues such as the findings presented in the OP.

The strongest argument for mar1juana legalization really boils down to "It isn't worse than 6 pack of Natty Light or a pack of Marlboro Light 100s".

Imprisoning millions of people for mar1juana related crimes, propaganda campaigns stemming from 50s McCathyist paranoia, and DEA labor hours are costing the government a lot of money. Taxation of mar1juana would benefit the ruling class, which is why legalization is inevitable.

You can't fight it. It is coming.

19. rudan

rudan Member

It also make idiots vote democrat without asking questions.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So what's the excuse for your obvious mental r****dation?

2 people like this.