1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mar1juana Compound a Cancer Cure

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayZ750, Sep 20, 2012.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/mar1juana-and-cancer_n_1898208.html

I usually take these studies with a grain of salt since you always hear about it now and then 10 years down the road, nothing. Add the mar1juana related component, and it may seem better/cooler/whatever than it otherwise should.

Still, the article has some pretty freaking awesome quotes, if it works on humans, such as the parts I bolded. I mean this sounds like it really, truly honestly has the potential to be a game changer...

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If smoking weed and jerking off prevent cancer, then no dudes who went to College in the last 30 years should have cancer.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

There already is a pill form of mar1juana. People just use the whole medical thing as an excuse to get high... Let's see how their reaction is when they make a pill form of it that cures alot of things... "but i swear smoking it works better!". Sure, maybe for glaucoma?

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I clearly didn't do my thread many favors by putting mar1juana in the title, but the connection to mar1juana doesn't really matter to me. It could be a byproduct of marigolds for all I care. Does the article read to anyone else as this is a potential cancer "cure"??

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Most def, if it works I'm glad it works...

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I believe you are talking about marinol but that isn't exactly mar1juana in pill form because mar1juana is illegal. If there is a pill that cures many, I'm sure most dont have a problem with taking it. Especially for health reasons since popping a pill is much healthier than smoking, I mean, there's already so many edibles. Smoking is just for social, like drinking.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And the flip side is an unlimited, docile supply of prisoners to pump into the private prison industry, which not only makes money from each warm body but can then conscript the prisoners as uber-cheap labor that undercuts 'free' workers by magnitudes of cost, keeping more people out of work

#9 Xerobull, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  10. ashiin

ashiin Member

Sure, we do use the whole medical thing as an excuse, but that is only because the government doesn't realize how harmless it is for people with no medical conditions in comparison to other legal drugs out there right now that people use recreationally or even abuse. We don't hide behind the medical play when it comes to legalization, we only do it so we could get it in a legal manner.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The government knows exactly what mar1juana is in relation to other recreational drugs. Its not legal at this point for two reasons - the aforementioned billion dollar industries surrounding mar1juana prohibition (and other monetary reasons) and more importantly, the -people- haven't demanded it be legalized by majority vote. It may all change when states start legalizing it.

(Disclaimer - I have never used mar1juana once. I just find its prohibition crooked and costly)

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just educating, but the ophthalmic and optometric society doesn't care much for legalizing mar1juana for ophthalmic use to decrease intraocular pressures. There are much better drugs out there, so don't hold your breath for that to be a reason to push for legalization.

Not trying to correct you, just spreading some info because I'm tired of hearing "but it lowers intraocular pressures!"