1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Manu on Scola and Rockets excerpt from article written in LANACION.com on 07/27/07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

THis year as well, if my memories correct. They always have a Yao Ming problem, Tracy can rise over Bruce Bowen (like Carmelo), and they have no answer for Bonzi (smashes them in the face)

On the other side Duncan outsmarts us nearly evertime, Manu's penetration can be stopped by nobody, and Tony Parker (Lil Eva) paint floaters are heart breakers!

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nice little tidbit, good read. Thanks.

3. pacman

pacman Member

Nice read. I agree that somehow there is a possibility that we could've beaten the Spurs had we advanced. Sometimes the analogy akin to the rock-paper-scissors. Rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper, but paper beats rock. For instance, had the Mavericks not been eliminated, the Jazz probably wouldn't have advanced agaisnt the Mavs. Sometimes the breaks of the game just don't go a team's way , or a miracle shot sends a team to the next round, or a coach fails to make an adjustment.

The Spurs dismantled the Jazz with their penetration. Manu drove into the lane and drew a lot of fouls which drove Jerry Sloan nuts. The Jazz were known for their tough defense and sometimes playing dirty, but Manu didn't back down from them. Lets hope Scola has the same mentality. One thing Argentinian players are known for is toughness.

4. MaxwellsTemper

Good to hear Manu has respect for the Rox. But honestly, I'm not so quick to declare we had a good chance of beating them... how quickly we forget that we were so dysfunctional on offense. The Spurs defense would have suffocated us. Could we have beaten them? Sure.. the Jazz could have beaten them. Did they, or would we have - nope. Just my .02.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else notice that Manu praised McGrady as being "talented" while Yao Ming is merely "tall"?

Yeah, **** Manu Ginobilli.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Do people forget that we would have had to go through the warriors before the spurs? GS would've run us out of the building.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Utah beat us, thus we sucked.

8. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Manu thinks Scola could become an all-star in the NBA?

Wow ... I don't have those kind of expectations, but if it happens ... wow.

9. scola

scola Member

The exact translation would be:

"They have a very good defense, the impressive talent of Tracy McGrady and the height of Yao Ming. We became happy when Utah took them out in the playoffs."

10. scola

scola Member

No, he just said he could be a starter, not an all-star.

11. Fuse

Fuse Member

If brad miller could become an all-star... scola might make it too.

12. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Thanks again for the fix...man I was on fire today with mistakes. Scola eres de Argentina?

13. zong

zong Member

If he is a starter, then he would be an all-star because lots of Chinese will vote him. That is sure.

14. scola

scola Member

Si, I mean yes... :p

Your translation was pretty accurate.

15. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I am not from Argentina...How come you don't translate Scola articles for us (pelotudo)?

16. scola

scola Member

:D

I'm not very good at translating, but I will do it from time to time... when I see an interesting article about Scola or the Rockets.

I have been in this forum only for a couple of weeks... be patient. ;)

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

He was right. Yao contributed nothing in the playoffs except his height. Even his height was overcame by Boozer's miracal jump shooting.

don't ****anybody before we put Yao on his track.

18. texastiger22

texastiger22 Member

"Man, I can wait for the season to start!!!"

That sums it up right there. I have nothing but high hopes for Scola and am still amazed that Morey was able to get this deal done. If he pans out to be the next big Euro star in the NBA Morey could hold title for making one of the best trades in Rockets history. I don't want to get ahead of myself s I will end it there. Eiher way this was a win win situation for the Rockets. NBA champs 08 baby!!!

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Our bench wasn't worthy of respect last year. Howard wasn't being disrespectful at all...

this year however is a different story

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks so much for the translation, jsmee2000, and for your contributions, scola. Great to have that extra info about a new foreign player, without the "drama," if you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks again. Great that Manu thinks Scola could be a starter quality talent. Not surprised, of course, but still good to hear. :cool:

And as WNBA said, damn the Jazz! :mad: