1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Mannix} Rockets interested in Ty Lawson despite DUI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 17, 2015.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Harden off the ball would have some monster 50pt games and fresh legs to close out 4th quarters. Lawson values possessions much more than Harden. Forcing Curry, Parker, Paul, Blesoe, Lillard and Conley to actually play defense is more powerful than some people think.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Excellent post.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good point. Offense does help your defense in certain ways. Punish and you won't be punished as much.

4. loveofthegame44

[​IMG]
    thought this was interesting

5. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

People complain that Lawson sucks on defense and that he's not a great spot up shooter but think about it how many PGs really stop CP3, Westbrook, Steph Curry, healthy Tony Parker?I think it's about making the defense have to work when we're on offense more than having to stop the guards in the West on a nightly basis. Hes not Steph Curry when it comes to spot up shooting for sure but he's not THAT bad. You Definetly can't leave him open on the 3 pt line. He would help out with our turnover issue and he can create for
    himself and others which is another huge need. I see so much nitpicking at Lawson's game, if the perfect PG existed we definitely couldn't afford him right now. I think Lawson may be the best thing we can get now and in the near future.

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

I don't care if the Rockets have to put a fully loaded bar next to their bench.....we need to do whatever it takes to get Ty Lawson here. We are absolutely NOT a contender in the super powerful West with Bev as our starting point guard and Prigs as our backup.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's Lawson time pimps

8. seeingred

seeingred Member

18.5 mil tied up in point guards is not the end of the world if you have value deals (Harden, Ariza, Thornton, DMo, Jones, the rookies) in other parts of your roster.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lawson and harden is next level ****

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I kno.. I don't think there are enough nuts and bolts around for the level of ratchet we could achieve :grin:

11. dwhite

dwhite Member

All kidding aside fellow Rocket fans....we really need Lawson to have any hope this year!

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wonder if Dekker, Papa, 2nd round pick and Llull's rights would be enough to start a conversation with Denver for TY. Obviously the salaries don't work I'm just thinking for a starting point. All in all for a guy with off the court trouble who's value is zero not a bad starting point

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's possible, although Llull's rights probably have little value in the league since he likely won't come over for sometime.

The beauty of drafting two small forwards, I suppose, is that we can easily trade one.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Keeps getting worse for jopat

2 people like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

WE
    ARE
    NOT
    TRADING
    FOR
    LAWSON

:grin::p

2 people like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm going to dedicate my sig to him.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I tried... you know I did... I logically explained to him that Magic Johnson wasn't walking through that door... That the only guard with a pulse that would make up appreciably better was Ty Lawson... I tried to tell him the second DUI just meant Morey would tuck in his gut and go dumpster diving with the Nuggets.... bBallholic has some knowledge but his predictions are BAD.

1 person likes this.
  18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Prior to that injury, Jones was throwing himself around like a crazy man, in fact it was throwing himself around that led to that injury.

When he came back, he stopped doing it at all, the issue with his lung wasn't physical when he got back, it was 100% psychological, he was shying away from contact, whereas prior to it, he was looking for it.