1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Mannix} Rockets interested in Ty Lawson despite DUI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 17, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

"Top 10" PG is a tricky phrase and really should be avoided.

Lawson is maybe the 12-15th best PG in the league.

Beverley is maybe the 20-25th best PG in the league.

Doesn't seem like much difference? HOWEVER, Lawson has a pretty semi-decent shot at out-performing CP3, Westbrook, Curry, etc. on any given night. Beverley has just about no chance at it.

Lawson is seriously an elite level offensive PG.

[youtube]d8VyeQfmCqM[/youtube]

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

We gotta take a chance on him and become all-nba ratchet team

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

If only we had the 610 ratchet himself too..

That would be the ratchet hall of fame

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True, and it's even worse on the defensive end. He has the skills to be a blocker, but defense is mostly about positioning and that is the worst part of his game.

His lack of boxing out in the playoffs is what made me turn on him. Turn it around TJ!

Sorry, Jones fans but you will have a tough time changing my mind with offensive numbers. TJ left Howard out to dry repeatedly. It's an easily fixable mistake.

I'm not sold on Lawson but I would approve of Morey letting Jones go for him. Another facilitator will make whichever forwards we have better.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Probably because we have Motiejunas, who is a better player and our second best offensive player on the team.

6. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Yes indeed, that same one, well now AB81Rules, have had this account over here for a few years now, finally starting to post more here. I know nothing about the NBA cap like I do the NFL cap, I get confused with the cap holds, and stuff like that, where the NFL doesn't have them.

What's your username on the Webzone?

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Anyone that thinks 12.5 million dollars for Lawson is too much is insane. Look what Reggie Jackson got and barrea. I'd take this contract in a heartbeat.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Can we get him an unlimited Uber account? Or at least hook him up with Rudy T so he can tell him how to get out of a dui in Houston.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

That might be true for the cost compared to those guys but Lawson comes with some pretty big risks/questions right now. Not insane to look at his salary differently right now

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Rusty Hardin.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

people so thirsty lawson has turned into cp3 overnight

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I would love to see the proof of that. He was averaging a double double starting before that injury. He comes back from the injury a woefully depleted player and you somehow know that the injury had nothing to do with the drop off in performance? Do you have superpowers?

Edit: Saw your post. You're a doctor. Okay. And I suppose nothing about his injury could have accounted for his obvious drop off? How do you explain it then? He looked great at the beginning of the year, he looked great when he came back from his first freak injury, he looked horrible when he came back from his second one. Forgive me if I'm skeptical of your prognosis.

#432 Batman Jones, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. sabesque

sabesque Member

You won't see proof because the idea that a guy who was hospitalized because he punctured and collapsed his lung in the middle of a basketball game was 100% recovered in the playoffs is absolutely absurd.

People have either never played (especially never played with an injury like that), or are not empathetic (read: smart) enough to understand

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

One thing factoring in a lawson trade is having bev on the roster. Sure Lawson is the better player but having 18.5 mil locked into your of rotation is a lot. Most teams do not pay there backup pg 6 mil a season.

I'm on the fence about acquiring Lawson I do think he would make us dynamic offensively, I'm not in agreement thatbhe doesn't fit with harden. With that said its his attitude that has me worried. He's always been the best player on the team since he's been in the league and had a very high usage rate. Here in Houston that would be much different, he would be asked to make plays out of a haldcourt set with the ball swinging from side to side.

Lawson in all seriosness would only start the offense when harden is out which would be 12 min a game max and that's assuming he plays all the time when harden is not on the court. If he can buy in Houston instanly becomes a title favorite with gsw and clippers imo. The Spurs moves look sexy but I'm not sold on them being in the same tier as the clippers and gsw as currently constructed.

Houston is very close because howard is still very good and harden is a bonafide top 4 player in the league.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Haha that's awesome I had no idea you were even a Houston fan. Yeah I don't really know too much about the NBA cap either it's confusing. I'm surprised you don't have it down like you do the NFL one though lol you are the Webzones Bima.

My username is ninersrule4 I haven't really posted much over there though since like the middle of the season. Too much doom and gloom and Kap hate ( Admittedly I was hard on him during the year too but it was a frustrating year )

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I really wish we could get a couple of cyber updates on Lawson or what we plan do to with the PG position right now.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Been wondering about the same thing. I mean if that SI report is true I'm sure Cyber would have some more information

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Jeremy Lin effect. He got hot for a 7 game stretch. Even before his lung injury that inconsistency crept in.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

For a devalued Lawson? Just curious - - when would Kobe let him touch the ball?

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Gary Trichter