1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manning interested in Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drewd17, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardpire

cardpire Member

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

tl;dr most of these posts.

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

When is an STFU appropriate?

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Never seemed more appropriate than right at this exact moment.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

only question is if he should say it to the 2 people who are actually debating manning, or you two and the others who are the ones actually derailing it.

1 person likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My twitter feed has blown up with Pancakes hyping Chris Palmer (lol!) Bud Adams and the Titans while he stumps for Peyton to join the Titans.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Pancakes has always been Bud's rent boy. When Bud left town, Pancakes went with him.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Because I’m butt-hurt, apparently. (Apologies to every other BBS poster. Seriously. I sometimes can't help myself and I'm, deep-down, an awful, angry person...)…
    Joshfast
    It's facisnating you think your stratedgy of ignoring everyone's posts and asking questiosns to throw them off your trail of manning insanity is working. Please try something different. Like an all caps post with lots of exclamation marks.

DonnyMost
    there's not a team in the entire NFL, given the circumstances as they sit now, who would rather have Peyton manning over matt Schaub.

the fact that you don't realize this is sad.

sammy
    (Originally Posted by Hey Now!: It has likely been ignored because, no offense - it's a stupid question.)
    This. It's an idiotic question considering the numerous question marks about Peyton right now.

TheChosenOne
    Rofl @ cardpire. What a clown.

FLASH21
    [posted poster: IDIOT: Everyone has a right to be an idiot. Some people abuse the privilege.]

liljojo
    (re: IDIOT poster) (H)e just posted it because it represents what he's thinking. What we're all thinking at this point. Pretty simple, actually.

Joshfast
    Every time you post in this thread I imagine a grown man sobbing hysterically to a picture of Peyton Manning.

macalu
    is that your way of covering your ears with your hands and shouting, "I can't hear you!"

justtxyank
    This post reminds me of a dog barking at that ugly dog in the mirror because it isn't developed enough to see it as its own reflection.

Ashes
    When is an STFU appropriate?
    Harrisment
    Never seemed more appropriate than right at this exact moment.

MiracleShot
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: so now remember, you are on record admitting that, at minimum, you think schaub injury may be even worse than peyton's.)
    When did he say that? In comparing the two he said Schaub was less hurt..

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: so now remember, you are on record admitting that, at minimum, you think schaub injury may be even worse than peyton's.)
    Wha?...

I have no idea what point you're desperately fishing for here, but nowhere do I say, or even imply - on the record - that Schaub is hurt worse than Manning. In fact, in the *very same post*, I very much go on the record and say, "Schaub is less hurt" I mean, I could not have made it any easier for you. And you still mucked it up.

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: in other words, both fully healthy, you don't think manning is any better than schaub, and the only thing that distinguishes one from the other is age and salary.)
    If you want to have this argument in a vacuum devoid of any context, where systems, age, salaries and injuries don't matter, have at it.

JayZ750
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: lol. sorry, 2 posts ago you said that health didn't matter. you just keep contradicting yourself. that's ok. make more snarky comments and insults. they strengthen all of your points.)
    dude, he didn't say it. you said he said it. he just made a post that pointed out Manning was older and more expensive.

as you have taken out of context what he (and others have said), he responded: "If you want to have this argument in a vacuum devoid of any context, where systems, age, salaries and injuries don't matter, have at it."

Look, I do think a healthy Manning would be better than a healthy Schaub... But don't take other people's points out of context.

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: thinking peyton f'ing manning is incapable of learning and flourishing in an offense that jake delhomme was able to learn and perform well in after being on the team for under 2 weeks is also crazy.)
    This would be the third item you've literally made something up.

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: is that accurate?)
    No.

I’ve long checked out on this – I keep responding because I want to point out how unfairly you fight.

For the record; I did not, at any point in time, say ANYTHING close to “any qb, regardless of skill level, will always be way better if he's been in it for 5 years”

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: you think matt schaub is better than peyton manning.)
    I’ve never said this.

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire - i give you credit...only so many different ways you can say that schaub is better than manning.)
    ...I do not think Matt Schaub is better than Peyton Manning. I have never said this. I have, in fact, repeatedly denied this. And yet - you attribute it to me… 2? Three times in this response alone?

cardpire
    we know that you think matt schaub is a better qb than peyton manning. you don't have to keep telling us.

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: you obviously say that to keep yourself squarely on the fence. "hey look at me, i'm going to tell you all that i think manning is better, but i'm going to provide you 60 skewed statistics as to why i think he sucks!)
    And… we’re officially back to cardpire, bereft of any tangible response and lacking a leg to stand on, making things up. Yes, I think Peyton Manning sucks. I never posted it – but doggone it, I was thinking it this whole time, you sneaky devil you. Get out of my head. And into my car!

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: ah, so you can both view somebody as a complete failure when it counts, but not think he sucks?)
    These are your terms, cardpire, not mine.

cardpire
    (Originally Posted by Hey Now!: I believe the Texans are a Super Bowl contender with Matt Schaub. With Peyton Manning, they’re… a Super Bowl contender. I’ve upgraded… how? Is there a level above Super Bowl contender? Are they SuperDuper Bowl contenders with Peyton Manning? You’ve “upgraded” a position that didn’t necessarily upgrade the team.)
    so, you are saying that matt schaub gives us just as good of a chance at winning a superbowl as any other qb in the league.

(Note: emphasis Hey Now!'s)

Hey Now!
    (Originally Posted by cardpire: matt schaub gives us an equally good chance as any other possible qb in the league, right? a "super bowl contender is a super bowl contender", and there is no higher level. correct?
    You've already dipped into this pool of stupid, cardpire... as has been your custom throughout this thread, you are again incorrect.

;)

1 person likes this.
  10. cardpire

cardpire Member

uh, great job disproving that!

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm putting my self out of my misery of having to read this thread any longer. If Manning signs here I'll start a new thread.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.