1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man, Lou Williams is hot garbage....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Mar 18, 2017.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's obviously better than Brewer, but he really has been pretty bad outside of like three games.

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Most people don't agree with you, so I'll just ignore that bit.

According to any metric outside of the box score, Williams was not a negative addition to the team, and no amount of posting and waving your arms around will change that, unless you bring some real statistics to back up your claims.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's overrated, inconsistent, and all offense (which is what we don't need)

I'd rather have a elite defender that can hit the occasional three over Lou Williams.

Fansince80 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He changed the dynamic of the team, and not for the better.....he changed roles for Gordon, Dekker and Harrell and the team got worse.

DD

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It seems you and Donknock struggle at reading comprehension, I've never said things like "negative addition" or that he's worse than Brewer.

My comments started when someone tried to deny Williams' issues by posting PER and PPG, to which I replied that those stats, especially PPG, are not telling anything without the corresponding shooting percentages.
    Feel free to debunk my statement, but I guess a high PPG is always positive, even when the shooting percentages are extremely low and the player is also bad at defense etc?

But yea, I see that making up a false narrative and saying people are "waving their arms" or "spreading irrationality" is the only way you guys can defend the obvious shooting struggles (Edit: and reducing it to shooting struggles without mentioning other worrying categories is a bit of an understatement).

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's a good player, but we already had 3 guards. He's like Gordon but with better ball handling. It's the fit and rotations that are the issue.

Also, people were overrating him a bit. He's a career ~35% 3pt shooter who gets few assists and plays pretty bad defense

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Sweet Lou has literally been with the team for only 5.5 WEEKS so far and already averaging 15 pts/game...yall need to calm tf down.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Where is Harrell?

He wasn't on the bench last night.

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Heard on the radio he just had a newborn baby so he's been with the girl or (wife).

Family > everything.

#109 Mr. Dominant, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    onreego likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey is thinking more about next year than this year with the Lou trade. He has a rather small contract so maybe this opens up the option of trading Eric Gordon to open up cap room to chase a free agent.

I would have preferred Ibaka on court but he is a FA this summer.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes. This down streak has much more to do with Anderson being out, Dekker hitting the rookie wall and Harden's wrist being hurt than Lou Williams

topfive and Nook like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Listen assh0le, there's no metric you can come up with that can show Lou Williams being a net negative to team performance post ASB other than shooting percentages but you keep posting like it's some undeniable fact that he's making the team worse.

Please provide one stat that isn't Lou Williams FG% or Lou Williams 3pt% that shows we have gotten worse:rolleyes:

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What. Feels like I'm speaking Chinese.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So you have no point other than Lou Will's shooting % aren't great, then you have the audacity to quote me asking if I've recosidered my position.

Learn something about basketball before you try this fools errand again please.

15. Mr. Clutch

Plus it's insurance for Gordon getting injured. Or Ryno

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

This thread is hot garbage

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should really read all posts (within their context) before going on a rampage and cursing at people. Still painfully obvious that you took my first comment out of context and then proceeded to create a fake narrative in every single reply to me.

Just to remind you. Knote32 said: "18.5 PER. 23-4-4 PER36...", to which I replied with: "high ppg/36min isn't worth much when the percentages are abysmal".
    You then proceeded to jump in by cutting 2/3rds of my post, creating a complete fake narrative and somehow managing to use that as a foundation for every single reply to me, completely disregarding my actual words.
    So hey, feel free to explain why saying "high ppg/36min isn't worth much when shooting percentages are abysmal" is a wrong statement.

Still doesn't explain why me saying “never said he was a negative addition“ leads to you replying with “Listen assh0le, there's no metric you can come up with that can show Lou Williams being a net negative“, but I guess reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit.

#117 Yung-T, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    DudeWah likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

We also just played two very hot teams, with Portland battling to get into the playoffs.

I really wish Harden would either sit out a game(s) or play significantly less minutes. Get Lou running more of the offense as he did in LA, Toronto, and Philly. Like OKC, I think too many of our teammates have gotten use to Harden completely running the show.

19. Mr. Clutch

Lou Williams on/off is negative for us so far.

It's not how he's been for his career which makes me think it's just guys learning each other or lineups issues

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lou is getting acclimated to the team, and probably doesn't know exactly what his role is SUPPOSED to be when he's out there with Gordon. However, like @Carl Herrera said, this was a move not just for this year, but for next year as well. It gives us additional flexibility in terms of making other moves to fill out the roster a little more while not losing depth at the guard position.