1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man fined for cursing in front of a 13 year old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dantonv08, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I don't have a problem with cursing, and I typically do it when I'm with company who I know don't mind. However, there are things called "tact", "manners", and "etiquette". If a person doesn't know when/where to tone down the cursing, then I have no problem with someone asking for it to be toned down, or even having that person being ticketed.

I do wonder how much our taboo with bad words is strictly an American cultural thing? I was surprised when I was in France and learned that all songs on the radio are uncensored (I'm not sure why I was surprised though considering I saw t*** on one of the basic cable stations around noon one day).

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Actually, that was from RAW and it is paraphrased.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

French have their own bad words. I think the choice as to which subjects are taboo is different. Russians and East Europeans, in my experience, can cuss so crudely, they'd make even a 13 year-old American boy blush.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You keep score. :confused:

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Wth.... How they hell do you get fined for that? Fail.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

mildly satirical.. mister SlowLy..

my response was a fitting reply to that post in particular.. if you'd paid close attention.. you'd realize it did infact answer the question.. perfectly..

7. rage

rage Member

Do you grope your wife or gf in front of your kids?

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I know. You had to say " SwoLy" at the end of that reply... didn't you? Darn you, smart poster guy. :eek:

And it's SwoLy :mad: [pulling hair smiley]

;)