1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man fined for cursing in front of a 13 year old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dantonv08, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Landlord Landry

or Mormon.

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Speak for yourself.

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

haha...

4. Fatty FatBastard

LOL. Does anyone ever "name" Swoly's movies? He seems to do one of those references daily.

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

God forbid a kid hear how most adults talk. I think we should shield kids from everything bad in the world so that they grow up with a false sense of security therefore shocking them into reality later in life. What kids need these days is to be coddled and have their asses kissed a little more thoroughly.

I rarely act much different around my kids than I would around anyone else. Guess what, I swear. So does my wife. So does most of our friends and family. So does the vast majority of the population. Hears an even bigger shocker, DAMN NEAR EVERY KID SWEARS BEHIND ADULTS BACKS!

I just don't understand why people feel the need to treat kids so differently.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you are at a work fundtion and are introduced to a co-worker's wife and kids would you swear in front of them?

7. Master Baiter

Of course not and I'm not at all saying that you shouldn't know a time or place. This man was not at a work function and I'm more commenting on how people seem to act one way around their own kids and another when they aren't.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Eddie Murphy: Delirious. Which, funnily enough, I probably saw more than any other movie from the ages of 7 to 12. It was standard issue in my house, along with The Meaning of Life. So I'd be fine with it in front of my kids.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fatty FatBastard

I remember doing the "ice cream" skit word-for-word in my 7th grade class.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I cussed like a sailor when I was 13. I doubt there was any cuss word an adult could have introduced me to by that age.

I think it's a bit rude to use language like that in front of children or most other sorts of company. But, I don't worry for my kids. I tell them not to say those things.

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I don't want people cursing around my kids. I have told people to watch what they are saying when I have my kids around me. Am I sheltering them? No, they are going to hear that at school, but I am not going to lead them to believe that it is ok to talk like that and that it is not offensive to others. If we are somewhere public, we'll more than likely move on. If I'm at a movie and there are people cursing, I will ask them to watch their language.

I can't beleive so many people believe that it is ok to curse around kids. Maybe thats why so many kids feel it's ok to curse around adults.

12. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

I think it's wrong to curse in front of kids' but i don't think it should be a law or that you should be fined for saying ****.....
    It's just another stupid law like the one in Nebraska where a parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church service, or how in Iowa you can't kiss for longer than five minutes, or how in Florida any form of sexual contact other than missionary position is a misdemeanor.....

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Master Baiter is in the lead right now with 12 movies named. :eek: I started adding "except for you, Master Baiter" in ones I know he'd name. You can play along, too. And add to the value of the thread, just like Jugdish did.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

WHO GIVES A F**K!

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

My dad beat the rap out of this dude for cursing in front of us.

It was so ironic because it was in your face violence obviously, but also because he did it in front of us all the time.

16. SwoLy-D

Garnett/Shaq/Barkley? :confused: Is that you?

17. Master Baiter

Yeah, I was going to say that I had answered quite a few :D

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Honestly, i curse (in public) less than most people i've met under 35. I think curse words have just come to mean much less than they did decades ago. You see it in movies, even the movies marketed towards kids try to slip it in as part of one of those jokes meant to go over kids' heads. To the general public it is just less offensive than it once was.

19. SwoLy-D

^ that's why there are ratings, sir. They're not in EVERY movie. They were in movies WAY back, but there were less. If you don't care for that, then don't, but at least respect OTHER people... it's not really FREE SPEECH if you just can't control your mouth... and I don't just mean pmac's mouth... I mean that for anyone. :eek:

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't go around dropping Fbombs in front of my kids but I have cussed from time to time. Mostly Damnits

I also don't try to sheild them from things that are said. We've talked about it and they know there are words that they will hear but that they can't say.

My son let a Ahhh Hell slip one time. He said in an appropriate situation and I just used it as a teaching experience. Reminded him about our rules and that was it. We went back to throwing the football after he whiped the dog stuff off his shoe. :D