1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man doesn't follow police commands, gets popped after reaching into car in Tulsa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 19, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The helicoptor video clearly shows the window was closed. There is blood on the window, and you can see a full reflection of the ground on it. There are several replays of the helicoptor view...keep watching. You eventually see the blood on the window and the reflection. Looks rolled up to me.

The 1:34 mark has a great view.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yfbW08oeyic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Hadn't seen the chopper video. Thanks.

Just watched it like a million times and I think I see a reflection of the skyline on the driver's side, which would mean the window is up.

How the hell do they justify this now?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They were threatened to begin with, you'd think they were stopping Tony Montana with how many where there.

4. heypartner

I currently don't think the OP article is written well at all. If you listen to the police chatter, it sounds like the article is written strictly from the words on a guy in the car assessing the situation. He says "apparently following commands" to walk to the car. Then "looks like he was tasered." I think both of those are wrong, but the reporter had nothing else to go by.

I'm skeptical that he was being commanded to walk back to the car. Seems weird and not protocol at all. And I don't think the cop in the car saying he might have been tasered is correct at all. If the timing of the audio matches the video, he said that when the guy fell to the ground, shot.

So:

Not reaching into window
    Not tasered
    Walking back to his car possibly against commands vs following them??

As bigtexxx always wisely says: We need to wait for more info on this. The OP article seems like a poor source of info.

5. the shark

the shark Member

Thanks Heypartner. You are correct the window is up.

This lady cop flat out murdered this guy.

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Did we ever get confirmation of a taser being used?

The idea that one officer using his taser spooked the lady who fired the shot that killed him is awful but all too plausible.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't know, maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I can't tell if the front window is up or not. I still have no idea why a police helicopter and multiple squad cars came with weapons drawn for a stalled car.

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Because...

1) multiple people called 911, one of whom said they were told the car was "going to explode"

2) it's Tulsa Oklahoma, so this is probably the most exciting thing to happen in weeks if not months

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Where was that reported? I can't find any articles, but the media willingly omits facts to create a narrative.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bigtexxx is a ..... If its a black or some other minority screw waiting for facts. They are a guilty as charged.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bigtexx is a racist.

He didn't 'Get popped" he got MURDERED!

DD

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/us/oklahoma-tulsa-police-shooting/

"The woman also told the 911 operator that "the guy was running from [the vehicle]" after explaining to her it was going to "blow up.""

Of course this directly contradicts him going back to his car, but none of this makes sense yet anyway.

1 person likes this.
  13. heypartner

Go to 1:34 mark in the video above. You can see a reflection in the window, meaning it was up.

#93 heypartner, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm not convinced that was blood (it disappears as the camera pans around, leading me to believe it may have been the seatbelt or something else). But the reflection of the horizon is clearly visible at several points (you can trace is from the other windows).

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

This is such a LOL logical thought process.

I need to get home at the end of the work day AT ANY COST NECESSARY!!!

These brave men and women sign up for the job knowing the risks; that doesn't justify lethal force in any situation that is suspicious.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah this one looks very bad on the cops. What ever happened to shooting someone in the leg or something. These guys are going for kill shots nowadays. :eek:

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Based on this image the window looks up:

[​IMG]

I am guessing the lady was scared and shot him. It probably wasn't on purpose, but they have to string up her up. Otherwise it just looks bad.

1 person likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And bigotexx is a racist troll for the umpteenth time. How refreshing.

19. heypartner

Agree. The reflection is the best evidence, especially since it matches the other windows. I retract the possible blood as useful evidence (likely seatbelt), although blood is on the door.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Holy ****

This is ****ing ridiculous. When has it become practice for the cops not to exercise common sense. 6-8 ****ing cops on one guy and eventually killing him. There are other ways to mitigate any potential threat to the cops rather than straight up murder. I don't think any sane person can defend the cops here.