1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Making my own pizza today...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Aug 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That pizza dough was def beaten by Chris Brown.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

How did you make that beautiful pizza?

3. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Jalepenos are the best on a pizza.. works so well with cheese
    May also want to try fresh turkey or mushrooms

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

The key is to beat it like it was your gf...

But seriously, lots of practice. I can write you a long email with the entire process but here are the key points:

Dough needs to slow rise in the fridge for 24-48 hours. Instead of typical instant pack yeast I use a sourdough poolish (google). The strain of yeast comes from Naples. Dough is kneaded in a mixer when loose (75% of flour) for 8 mins, full amount of flour for 12 mins. Sits 1 hour. Formed into balls and into the fridge.

Oven needs to be 800-900 degrees. A conventional oven will get to 1000 on the cleaning cycle. So I cut the lock so I can open the door during the cleaning cycle. Obviously cooked on a pizza brick, placed at about 1 notch above middle rack. Takes about 1hr 15 mins on clean to get to temp.

Dough needs to rest, at room temp the entire time the oven is heating.

Forming the pie: DO NOT!!! Press down or roll the dough, you stretch it. All you can do is practice. I have made maybe 100 pizza, this way, in my life and it is still semi difficult to get it right.

Fresh Mozz, buffalo mozz if you want to. slice, pull into chucks or whatever you want. You just need to dry it a little before it goes on the pizza bc the water will boil and cook the cheese too fast.

In a previous post I gave my general sauce recipe. Basically try a bunch of tomatoes and pick your favorite. And yes, there is nothing but tomato and salt.

When putting together the pie, you need to work as fast as possible. The longer the sauce sits on the dough, the soggier it will get. Do sauce, cheese, splash of oil, then basil. Toss in the oven.

Takes 90-120 seconds depending on how done you want your crust. Fresh grated parm when you take it out.

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Choose from Three Options

$9 for one large two-topping pizza, a choice of side, and one 2-liter soda (a $17.50 value)
    $18 for two large two-topping pizzas, choice of two sides, a 2-liter soda, and one dessert (a $36.50 value)
    $30 for three large two-topping pizzas, choice of four sides, two 2-liter sodas, and two desserts (a $62 value)

Link