1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Main Bickerstaff complaints

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Dec 26, 2015.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Before I say anything I'd like to compliment Bickerstaff on the job he's done. He has seemed to communicate with the players and keep us in the running for playpffs and a good win vs the Spurs but I have a few issues with him that I think will cripple us.

1. I just don't understand how howard can have few little touches, yeah I know Spurs has good defense but howard barley got a chance to even work it.

2. Ty Lawson has been playing much better and every time ges in the ball movement is great but it seems Bickerstaff either doesbt play him as much as he should or just takes him out when he's playing well or we never hear from lawson after putting up good numbers. Lawson really loves the ball well when he's in the groove

3. How is thorton not Playing, I just don't get it he's by far our best shooter and even had a 30 point game this season

4. How is Dmo barley getting minutes?, DMO os by far our best PF and yet he barley has got minutes

5. How are brewer and tjones even getting minutes unless it's to gain some trade value. But both these players are the most cringe worthy to watch with the ball. You know as soon as they get it there gonna attempt a wild shot and have no intent to pass it if it looks like a bad possesoon.

6. His lineups and minutes for the overall team is a bit funky. Seems when Somone is playing well [see 2, 3, 4] he just takes them out

This are pity complaints and quite honestly I'm pleased with his coaching so far as its brought us some W's. He seems to be pushing the defensive aspect back and while I disGree with some of his tactics and lineups [for the long run] he's got the job done.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

1.) Dwight Howard is not a good offensive player. His post touches are not high quality shot, and are more likely to end in a turnover or missed shot than actual points scored. Howard should only be getting points on put backs, easy dunks and PnR opportunities. Furthermore, when he is taking the shots, you have less offensive rebounding opportunities because your guards have to get back for defensive positions.

2.) Lawson has had plenty of opportunities here in many different spots. He finally started playing well in limited minutes off the bench. If you find the right sweet spot for a player, it makes little sense to change that.

3.) I agree. Whatever is going on with Thornton is strange. However, we are actually winning and playing well, so if it is working, why change it?

4.) Disagree, Dmo has not been good. He needs to be slowly worked back in post surgery.

5.) Brewer has been bad, Jones has been great.

6.) Well 2, 3 and 4 aren't really true, so I think that is more of a you issue than a JB issue.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When you consider defense and rebounding, the lineups make more sense.

Remember we were playing our worst when Lawson and Thornton were getting a lot of minutes at the beginning of the year.

Lawson starting to look better though, and DMo just needs more time.

4. mockster

mockster Member

Dmo has not been bad?, you don't work somome in with no playing time. Couple games before dmo was hitting threes and baby hooks. He's not last year good but could be

Jones great?, meh in Certin stints he's made some good plays but like I said he can be very cringe worthy like brewer when he decides to make a wild play. Plus the guy is definition of butter fingers. He's defiantly not a bum but just not a consistent player. His outside shot hasent been there either and he's notvthe greatest at D. He's really random when he plays good or bad.

That's the thing on lawson, he's been playing those limited minutes for a while. I think we could get more out of him. It's just odd that when he's playing good keep playing him. Every time he's out there the ball movement is crazy good. He's been playing that limited role for to long now I think it's time to test the waters. I mean cmon its not like Beverly is playing like an all star

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

One too many JB threads, could of gone in another one because all of these same points have been made....

6. mockster

mockster Member

Also like I said I commend Bickerstaff i can't argue the wins and improved defense. These are just minor complaints and things I see we need or don't need in the future

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Agree with all of this.

The only thing bothering me at the moment is Corey continuing to get big minutes. He has become the weakest link, but JB obviously loves him.

8. thejav

thejav Member

1. Howard post game is awful / non existent anymore. seen to many hook shots that clank off the back rim to count.. so less is more in regard to howard in the post..need more pick and roll..

2. Lawson has played well in 3 games..just 3...Cannot put any blame on the coach for not playing him..He seemed to get his head straight after being suspended..so we will see if he keeps it up..if he does..look for him to get more minutes..like he did in the last 2 games..

3. Thornton was most likely out because of the b2b situation also brewers defence is better than Thornton's even if it doesn't seem like it..it is.. ..he will again most likely play tonight against new orleans.

4. Dmo still recovering / Capella defence is so much better then dmos and its not even close..look at the Capella and Howard playing together thread..

5. you answered this..t jones has been playing well as of late..

6. I don't see anything wrong with the rotations..Games are all about match ups..If Lawson plays like he has been.. we will start to see a tighter rotation..its really all about how will run the second unit..

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

His 'clutch time' decision making sucks. His draw ups are easy to defend and if the game came down to 1 play I don't have any faith in Bicker staff to lead the team.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Morey will have to step in and trade Corey to give KJ more minutes.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't have any major problems with Bickerstaff. I don't have a problem with Dwight getting few touches down low. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pick and roll. But I mainly want to see Dwight play defense and get rebounds. TJones has been playing well lately, so no complaints there. I'm a little confused why Thornton doesn't play some games, and Brewer stays in the lineup, but I trust that the coaches have their reasons. They know things we do not. DMo will get more minutes as he gets stronger.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

People should probably follow Feigen on Twitter and read what he writes.

Dmo also just came in not too long ago...so you want to work him in, but at the same time move him along slowly. then Capela got sick, so Dmo had to play more, but now Capela is healthy.

#12 RV6, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think coaches want to give players in the rotation enough minutes to get into a rhythm. He doesn't want to give guys a couple of minutes here and there. So he's going with match-ups.

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Who the **** allows him to run these rotations

15. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Houston needs to maintain the uptempo, and the harden drive. This was effective last year, but you don't have to do it everytime. Run some plays straight up for Dwight where Lawson can alley hoop to him. Remember the Josh smith , Howard show? Ty can do the same.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Jones outside shot hasn't been there? Do you realize that he's shooting 40% from behind the arc?

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Doesnt use common sense