1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maid service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dragician

dragician Member

I"m being serious here. if you want get a one time work, that's the best option. if you go to a company for a one time work, they'll charge you at least 3x than what you will spend on those guys.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I can vouch for at the least the part about charging you an incredible amount for a one-time cleaning. We recently sold our house and wanted to hire a cleaning service to deep clean after we moved out. Called a few... one wanted $450! We ended up with one that charged over $300 but did a slip shod job in the kitchen (missed cleaning the insides of the fridge).

I'd suggest hitting up neighbors for a recommendation on one of their weekly cleaning service since most charge under a $100 for weekly cleaning. Offer $150 or 200 for the one time. Wish we would have done that...

3. dragician

dragician Member

they dont normally include inside fridge and dishes.. i won't let them touch inside of my fridge unles it's empty.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, those Mexicans might leave a bunch of those weird spicy candies in there.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Ever thought of the idea of just doing it yourself? You could probably spend $100 or less on products and maybe half a day doing it.

6. NewRoxFan

It was empty. The house was empty as we had just ,moved all of our stuff out and we wanted it cleaned for the new owners. The fridge was left (the buyers wanted it).

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bruh...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For doing some manual labor, sure. But for cleaning? Eh I don't think so.

It'd probably be a two-person job. So if she has someone she can work with then yeah that sounds good.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

Why SMH?? You do realize it's the truth. I use them all the time for different task through the year. Those guys do good work and 99.9 come through.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol sarcasm meter brah.

Remember I'm a Spanish speaker myself -- you should have known that from all the time you spend following me around like a puppy dog.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Messaged you.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

On day labor from Home Depot parking lots, I don't think it's a terrible suggestion. They're people who need work. And, they don't have a bunch of overhead to pay for like a legit company. The tradeoff is that you take more risk that they won't do the job right and you'll have no recourse. And if you don't find someone is looking for that particular work, they won't have the right tools for the job.

14. dragician

dragician Member

You don't want a 'shared' tool to be used in your house. we have a maid but we require her use our own preferred cleaning materials and our own vacuum cleaner.

15. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

do you still need a maid? my maid cleans my entire home for 60 bucks.. my house is pretty big.. let me know

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Haymitch,
    Don't forget to buy all the supplies they will need. Most won't bring their own. If you have carpet, I'd even rent a carpet cleaner for them to use on a deep clean.

If you work in an office building, find the maids at the building and ask them if they do "freelance" work. That's worked well for me before, and it's safe, because you know where they work! :)

And best of all,,,you can pay them in Cashmere

[​IMG]

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I don't see the difficulty in cleaning an empty house. Sweep/mop/vacuum floors, clean bathrooms/showers, what else?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pics or GTFO

;)

DD

19. NewRoxFan

In kitchen, clean all large appliances, countertops, sink, pantry, window casings, floors

in bathrooms: clean toilets, sinks, cabinets, vanities, tubs, showers

In all rooms, clean all baseboards, moldings, ceiling fans, light fixtures, window casings, closet shelves, cabinets, door tops, floors.

Most of which by hand.

20. dragician

dragician Member

but of course french maid is better... ;)