1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maid Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsFanSam, Mar 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

Any clutchfans use a maid service? If so how much do you pay?

Bi-weekly?
    Monthly?

Thanks

2. Htown's2kFinest

yes I'm a baller and I be pimpin my maids...

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I use a middled aged former singer and hippie chick who comes every two weeks. Needless to say, when I'm at the house and she's there, the talk is pretty much non-stop. She's a political junkie who leans to the left of even your favorite Blade Runner. A service? I've never used one.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYNPuOaWmcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYNPuOaWmcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

I think I saw an ad in quest magazine...can't remember the price though.

6. Ari

Ari Member

Yeah same here. If anyone has a maid or particular service that they use and can recommend that person, let me know. Also, what is the running rate for a bi-weekly service? I know some people hire illegal immigrants because they are cheap, but I worry about the prospect of criminal activity and that the maid may be scouting the house for drug runners or something. I heard some horror stories, which is the only reason why I am semi reluctant to do it.

7. YaosDirtyStache

Wanna rent my mom?

8. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

good luck finding a 'legal citizen' that does a good job.

9. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

[​IMG]

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I will speak from experience because my Mom used to clean houses.

The rate depends on the work. If you need cleaning, Dish washing, Laundry then it will be a lot more.

It also depends how dirty you are (no offense) My Mom used to reject jobs all the time. She could easily get $60 per day each house. 3-4 hours worth of work. That's usually the going rate.

11. Ari

Ari Member

I dont mind hiring someone without papers, I am not the INS or ICE or whatever it is called these days, I am just worried about hiring someone that I do not know anything about and might be desperate enough to try something. If you know someone that you recommend then by all means let me know. I am looking for someone with a resume or a track record that others can vouch for. That is all.

12. Ari

Ari Member

$60 for 3-4 hours of work? I do not need anyone to do the laundry or wash the dishes, just someone to clean the house, vacuum the carpets, clean the hardwood floors and dust the blinds. So the typical cleaning around, just basic upkeep. And no, I am not dirty or even messy, just lazy :)

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

She used to clean houses in West U so... :)

I would say ask your neighbors, that would be your best option because if someone does their house then that person would most likely do yours since it's so close.

I feel you bro. I've even asked my mom to come out of retirement (she's not old though) to clean my house once a week for $100 and she flat out turned me down. I'm one dirty SOB. :grin:

14. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

I pay $70 for every other Friday. I'm for the most part happy with the job that they do. Company's name is Cactus Cleaning

15. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

could you post or message me the numbers of the cleaner services you use? I'm not immigration either... just need to get some help moping the floor.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

$60 for 3-4 hours of work?

We pay $75. She does not do windows or fold laundry. She does put the linens in the washer. She currently has more clients than time.

We used a service before. Someone different came every week. The quality varied week to week,

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

the old maid thread didnt turn out very well; this wont either

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

We use a lady that cleans houses part time for extra cash for the family. She charges us $55 to vacuum, sweep, mop, clean linens/make beds, clean the bathrooms and kitchen, dust, etc.

She does a great job and visits every 2 weeks.

I suspect that the slightly discounted rate is due to the fact that we have no kids or pets.

20. Rookie

Rookie Contributing Member

I live in East Texas and we pay $70 for about 5 hours work.