1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic # to Clinch #1 Seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seemoreroyals, Mar 21, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thanks for the update. Keeping fingers crossed that we will all be healthy come playoff time.

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Correct but it could be 1 and two GS losses to Pacers and Bucks. I think we'll know by Friday.

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Magic # 2. Calling it with a 40 point lead against Bulls in the 3rd. Not concerned with Toronto.

hakeem94 and jayfree like this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Not worried about locking in #1 seed, I think the key is figuring out how much to rest players. People on here think we should rest CP and James the remainder of the season. We've seen what a player looks like who isn't keeping up his conditioning in Joe Johnson.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What's ridiculous is you comparing Harden and Cp3's conditioning to old man JJ

LMAO

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Harden didn't even show up to the game on his day off. Give him two weeks off and he'll go on a bender. I won't believe he is #lockedin until I see it in the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

The fact is we are so good this year that the only team that can beat us is ourself. We need to avoid injuries and complacency. First overall seed all the way through is a done deal. We have to stay hungry.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

Do you show up to work on your day off? Just to go to the office or the laundromart or the grocery store or wherever the F you work at and watch others?

Snow Villiers and hakeem94 like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm still on call, just like anyone with a real job. lmao guess we know what you do for a living :rolleyes:

11. FTW Rockets FTW

Still on call? LMAO, you're a mobile gardener or you work for locksmith?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You realize just about any job on the planet that involves advanced degrees requires employees to be available to an extent, even on their "day off" is that you Craig? Day-Day? Lol, the fact that you don't know that means you don't have a big boy job yet.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Magic number is 1 for home court in the Conference Finals and 2 for home court in the Finals.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure about the first part? Warriors could still win 63, 1 more for us puts us at 62.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

By your logic Harden could have been on call, doesn't mean he has to physically show up

Let me ask you again in plain vanilla English. Do you physically show up to work on your day off?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah you're right. It's 2 for both then.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I am not an NBA player. If I see an Analyst get chewed out by a client, I don't push him onto a conference table like I'm Gerald Green. Not really an apples to apples comparison. In a team oriented professional sports environment yeah, you show up unless you're getting treatment. If I am an NBA player I would want to be there if my teammates get into it on the court, or I needed to help in a locker room invasion. If the end of the bench guy goes off for 30 points I'd like to be there cheering him on. It is part of being a good leader. Good leaders don't really take days off. They're either in the trenches with you with their sleeves rolled up, or their right next to you providing support and guidance. There are off days for the team, the off season, all-star break etc. Having your team show up to work, but not your leader? That would be like your boss asking you to come to work on a holiday, and not be there with you. It happens all the time, it just isn't a sign of a good leader.

18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I am sure he has his reasons. He has did so much for the city of Houston. I have also seen him at some of the U of H games. I respect him for that. We do need to make sure above all else he is rested and healthy for the playoffs.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I really don't doubt his work ethic, I think it's good to get a true day off where you don't do anything basketball related. I just got suckered into responding to a troll.

20. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

I guarantee that Harden got permission to not be at the game, whatever reason we don't know. It's not our business whatever it was.