1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Just keep the kids, pickup another few lott picks along the way an in 3 years this core group will be dominante!

2 people like this.
  2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

So someone who literally carried his team to an NBA finals is not considered a superstar?

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Yup and sign with the nets for 5 mil a yr. no one can afford him, or give
    him the max deal he's bluffing on walking on it. He would not go to the Mavs either that was Mavs pipe dream like when they went ohm for LBJn Wade...look no one is out there that can pay the clippers could if they let CP walk,then where does he go. The teams are initial with caps pace and Morey is thinking "dinner for 2 or 3" not a bar seat at applebees. He's got what Hennigen wants, now he has to call the bluff, bc he went out n got every asset Hennigan wanted cept MKG or Drummond I'm guessing. F-ing MJ...that's like the Kahn'd deal to me

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Many mistakes most notable teams will be limited in cap room for max deals that Howard doesn't want to go to either...so let's just get him so he has to "turn down 29 mil"
    EDIT+*^

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Things change over the course of the season. Players that are under the radar now will come out of nowhere and will be assets that currently do not exist. Picks become more defined. And most importantly, when Dwight realizes he is not getting his way, he'll change his tune and be ready to sign an extension to be traded out of Orlando so that he doesn't lose his bird rights.

Bottom line, Dwight is under contract for one more season. Rushing into a trade now is foolish for the Magic brass.

But I don't want DH anyway, so perhaps I am biased in that regard to wanting Orlando to wait it out.

6. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I thought it was Lee and Doolings team lol, oh ya he literally
    beat the 1111 out of LBJ in that quick series oh LBJ if only you played
    against real big dominant men like dream, it'd bemore fun. Howard is that types two way player that can affect a stat sheet more than Battier:cool:

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

so magic decided to have even less leverage?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Totally false.

Dwight is the best center in the league and easily a top 5 player in the NBA.

Yes, he's a total drama queen...but on the court, there are only a couple players that can have more impact on a game.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can see where they might actually convince themselves that holding out on a trade until the deadline might be a good idea. If they really think the offers out there now are "horrible" compared to what other trades of stars have brought in the past, the Nasrudin story about teaching the sultan's horse to sing applies. If you wait, the worst thing that happens is you are stuck with a crap deal - which, in your mind, is exactly where you are now. And maybe, a miracle happens and you luck into something great.

I think when reality hits them and they have to spend time with sulking Dwight crapping in the punchbowl of team morale after he has to report, I think that Orlando will become a bit more motivated to sell.

But at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing doesn't drag out until the point when players have to actually show up. I mean, if you are Orlando, who cares if your team gets shuffled at the start of the season and doesn't have a chance to jell - you are trading away Dwight and are going to suck anyway.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Bumping this image for emphasis.

11. OpportunityCost

Morey should make an announcement tomorrow saying that he is stepping away from trying to trade for Dwight and instead will plan to develop our young talent. Pull a NJ move on them, then they're stuck with LA. LOL!

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Then a month later....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

STFU JEFF TAYLOR = LOTTERY PICK BOY!

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This coming from bandwagon Howard boy??:confused:

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

actually not a bad move IMO.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

WRONG BOY IS WRONG! U NO HAZ NO CREBILITY!

BOYYYYYY!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. delta69er

delta69er Member

Wow hennigan is really insulting Mireya intelligence with these terrible bluffs. Does he not realize he's dealing with an MIT grad?

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

Oops morey's

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It has been this bad since Lebron entered the league which happened to be the same time when Chris Broussard got promoted to NBA Insider. Hey, did you know Broussard got his start covering sports in the Cleveland/Akron area? Hey Lebron, is from Akron too. That's quite a coincidence.

...losing the sarcastic schtick for a minute, my own theory(and I happen to think I'm not too far from the truth) is that Lebron's greatness has opened the door to some people who have changed the paradigm of the relationship between agents/players/GMs, and the media....and I think likely has changed it for the worst. I think the new paradigm for the agents in CAA is controlling access and information to manipulate the markets in their favor. They use guys like Broussard and Stephen A Smith to push an agenda in the media that suits them and their clients and in exchange, they have access to players, information, and directly their job security. I think that's why we see it so prevalent now in the media - agents are pulling strings to fight a war in the media for their clients/themselves. Now I know Dwight's agent is Fegan(B.E.S.T. agency - not C.A.A.) but the paradigm has already changed and I don't doubt on some level that some of the misinformation spread out there is done by competing agents trying to muddy the waters for their competition.

....anyway, my 2 cents.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think twitter is to blame more than anything^