1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I want Howard just as bad as anybody, but I'd rather he be traded just about anywhere than wait until the trade deadline.

2. moreyball

moreyball Member

Hennigans a prick!

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes, this is it. Exactly this.

4. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I'm sorry for all the Hennigan hate, but this is getting ridiculous already! Like someone said, this should be over by now. The guy has no idea what he's doing. Trying to squeeze us dry when he should just be happy he's getting a deal like ours considering his superstar has a bad back, is a diva who might not resign.

Come on Hennigan, there's a difference between being smart, patient and just overrating the value of your damaged goods. It would be a different story if Dwight had just come off his best season and is in top shape, and didn't complain about wanting to be traded to a certain place only, but that's not the case. Get real man.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL how do you know so much and everyone else knows so little? Me believe you are talking through your blow hole.

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If Orlando doesnt think they are getting what they want for a 1 year rental, maybe they should consider what they will get for a 3 month one.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Probably the most ridiculous presumptive post I've read on this website.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey has had 2 of his players, Lee and Martin, and still has Martin on the roster. Also just worked out a S&T for Lee. Dan Fegan and Morey may or may not be fans of each other, but they have a working relationship.

10. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

I don't want to trade Motiejunas but maybe the thinking is that they will trade D-Mo along with whatever the proposed package is to get Howard and whomever else. Then perhaps going after Josh Smith in FA next year while retaining Howard long term?

Otherwise, I see no reason to trade D-Mo ALONG with other players AND picks for Howard and a bad contract or two or three. Without getting an upper echelon PF in FA next year because I think D-mo has chance to be a pretty damn good player in the league

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fegan has had a hate-hate relationship with the Rox since the days of CD. (Someone else must remember this?) Don't know why. Fegan's slam-the-phone style proobably didn't mesh with CD's good-ole-boy approach, who knows?

But you can bet, Fegan isn't telling anything good about the Rockets to DH12.

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I highly doubt this. The agents want the best possible deals for their players through contracts, media exposure, and sponsorships. Houston can offer Dwight the max + Chinese sponsorships (And others) + one of the largest media markets after NY/LA/CHI.

Money makes any "styles of business" differences go away fast. Its more the fact that Houston hasn't had a superstar that has kept the free agents and agents away (less attractive overall). ANd why would an agent "blacklist" a team/GM when they could use said team for leverage or a better deal?

Makes no sense. :rolleyes:

13. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

They'll stop at nothing to trade for Brook Lopez.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And you know this how Nostradamus? Got a crystal ball? LOL

15. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

So, if he gets traded to Milwaukee or Charlotte, do you believe he would actually stay there?

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Do we get to keep his Bird rights if he is traded here at trade deadline? I don't know too much about this stuff

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

guess you guys must be rocket fans and not NBA fans. This has been said for years. Look at the dragic situation. he would have been a rocket if not for the policy of no player options. You think agents like that rule? hell now. Think before typing and pay attention to more than clutchfans. You man learn a thing or two

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Dwight Howard and the Magic franchise should be destroyed.

20. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

This is as big a game of poker as it ever gets.

If Orlando wants to hold out till the February deadline, teams will offer a lot less at that time for a player that refuses to sign an extension and wants to test free agency at the end of the year. I hate to say this, DH12 may be the best center, but he's damaged goods. He's recovering from an injury and I would imagine emotionally demotivated with all the uncertainties.

Orlando must be looking for 5 first round draft picks, a couple of starters and to get rid of some bad contracts. There is only one team that can deliver that deal and you know who that team is. The Rockets would basically be pushing all their chips in on a bad hand.

At this time, there is no way I would place that bet when you have a bunch of rookies with high ceilings and ample amount of draft picks the next couple of years.

This new group of Rockets are exciting and will be fun to watch develop. I love the improvement in D-Mo, the passing ability of White and Machado, the effortless scoring of Lamb, the athletic ability of Jones, the clutchness of Lin, and the defensive skills of Parsons. This group of young players if they stay together will be a perrenial playoff team and will be a solid foundation.

There is no way we could be considering to break up that huge potential of these young players for a year or 1/2 year rental on DH12.