1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

And when you continue to put these leaks out &/or bluff week after week, no one takes them seriously anymore. Can't wait for the next one!

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If most people still believe the BSPN reports of everything they are willing to give up then yes I understand why fans wouldn't want to deal that much.

However, Jason Friedman who works for the Rockets said that him and other that work for the team laughed at those reports when they came out when they were in Vegas last week. Feigan also refuted those reports and stated that the offer was exactly what I stated in my last post.

The Rockets will not give up the farm for Dwight Howard. I dont know why everyone just assumes that BSPN has more insight than people within the Rockets organization. Nobody wants to give up the farm for Dwight on a one year deal including Les and Morey.

3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Speaking the truth with this tweet...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>But trusting and believing they'll make a deal in January that they wouldn't in July would be hard for anyone to believe.</p>&mdash; Jarrod N Rudolph (@JRudolphSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/status/227771647027986432" data-datetime="2012-07-24T14:26:07+00:00">July 24, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The situation sucks for the Magic and their fans. Dragging this thing out to take a deal they've rejected, doesn't help the organization</p>&mdash; Jarrod N Rudolph (@JRudolphSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/status/227772473272324096" data-datetime="2012-07-24T14:29:24+00:00">July 24, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Watching Aliens on TV... Hennigan just needs to realize Morey has him beat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dsx2vdn7gpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yeah OK, done deal.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hennigan is going to try to convince Dwight that he is better off staying in Orlando and re-signing rather than going to Houston. Our only competition for Dwight is Orlando........unless OKC comes out of the woodwork.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Oh man, this drama is driving me bonkers. :mad:

Hennigan is either stupid or scared. Why would you bother holding on to him? So you could worsen your draft position? Or have all trade partners lessen their offers due to it now bein only a 1/2 season rental?

This is getting ridiculous. And they'd trade to Brooklyn? Why? What does Brooklyn have?

8. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i think this trade stalling has more to do with what Orlando is wanting to give us in bad contracts.. i think morey is set in what prospects he will give and i think orlando is fine with it too… where everything falls apart is where they say "Oh and you're gonna have to take Hedo, Jrich and duhon too"…. that's where Morey hangs up… he might take 1 back, but they wanna unload it all and are saying, ok well no dwight for you then...

9. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I think Morey's position is, "My offer's on the table. Call me soon. The longer you wait, the less valuable Dwight becomes."

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Well we can take back 10M roughly. That's it.

I think it hinges on the players sent out besides Martin obviously.

11. mic

mic Contributing Member

I really hope Morey remains steadfast in these trade negotiations. I'd be fine going forward with what we have.

I don't see how this gives Orlando any leverage. For once, we're not the desperate ones!

12. afjimmy77

afjimmy77 Member

I know you guys are getting just as annoyed as we are but that’s how these things go, it’s a negotiation. The problem is nowadays these things are made public whether its cause of GM's using the media as a tool to get more or guys in the media and sources are getting paid huge amounts to report and dig out this stuff. It’s actually pretty funny because between what I read on here and what I read on the Magics message board I can almost see how the negations between Henny and Morey are going..We want Lamb,Dmo,Parsons,White,Jones,picks, Yao Ming and Bobby Sura (FSU boy) and you guys want to give Morris, 12 brand new basketballs and a time share in Houston. I think both teams have very savvy and smart GM’s.

Morey knows the Magic don’t have very many suitors other than the Rockets and Henny is hoping that another team like the Bulls or 76ers emerge so that there can be competition. The way I’m sure Henny see’s it now is a deal of Martin, Morris, Jones, and draft picks is not much better than what we could get in a sign in trade next year and in that year with the culture change just maybe Dwight will stay. While the Rockets fans and Magic fans I’m sure all agree on getting a deal done soon would be nice, there really is no rush until closer to the season.

2 people like this.
  13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would Martin, Morris, picks, Lamb and/or Jones be good enough for Magic fans?

14. ThaShark316_28

Their REALLY going to have these distractions in Training Camp AGAIN?

Yeah, OK.

Did DaWhite Howart get traded yet?

[​IMG]

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Toronto pick alone is better than anything you would get in SnT.

I kinda feel bad for Hennigan. The first thing he has to deal with as a rookie GM is Morey.

#295 larsv8, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Sheridan reporting Bulls officially declined to Match

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/07...oves-analysis/

Chicago Bulls Offseason Moves & Analysis
    1 Comment

By Chris Bernucca
    July 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

bulls small logoUNDER CONTRACT: G Derrick Rose, F Carlos Boozer, F Luol Deng, C Joakim Noah, G Richard Hamilton, F Taj Gibson, G Jimmy Butler, F Vladimir Radmanovic, C Nazr Mohammed, G Marco Belinelli

DRAFT PICKS: G Marquis Teague

FREE AGENTS: G-F Ronnie Brewer, G Mike James, G John Lucas, F Brian Scalabrine

MOVES: For the first time in franchise history, the Bulls are going to have to pay the luxury tax – and really don’t have much to show for it. GM Gar Forman refused to match the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Houston gave Omer Asik because he will receive $14.1 million in the final season of the deal. That’s 2014-15, when the Bulls already will have roughly $50 million committed to Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer. But Asik isn’t the only member of the “Bench Mob” that won’t be back. Kyle Korver was dealt to Atlanta for cash and a $5 million trade exception. Ronnie Brewer’s option of $4.37 million was not picked up. C.J. Watson also was waived and signed with Brooklyn. And Chicago has shown no interest in bringing back John Lucas or Mike James, which means all of the point guards who filled in admirably when Rose was hurt last season are gone. Rose’s torn ACL will keep him out until January at the earliest, and his new caddies are Kirk Hinrich, the former Bull who was re-signed for $6 million over two years through the mini-mid-level exception, and rookie Marquis Teague. Forman did try to rebuild his bench on the cheap, nabbing Nazr Mohammed on a veterans’ minimum deal to replace Asik and adding range shooting by signing Vladimir Radmanovic to a one-year veteran deal and Marco Belinelli for $1.9 million through the bi-annual exception. Neither Radmanovic nor Belinelli are stalwart defenders; on offense, they are only effective playing off double-teams or dribble penetration. Without Rose, the Bulls don’t have anyone who commands a double-team or can easily get inside a defense.

TO-DO LIST: Not matching on Asik was somewhat of a surprise but allows Forman to keep in place a long-term plan. Reserve forward Taj Gibson – who often plays ahead of Boozer in crunch time – is due for an extension next summer, when Richard Hamilton’s contract comes off the books. Forman can then reload in the summer of 2014, when Luol Deng’s contract expires. At that time, he can also use the amnesty clause on Boozer and have enough room to sign a free agent to a maximum contract to play alongside Rose, Gibson, Noah and perhaps a re-signed Deng. For next season’s roster, the Bulls also are considering signing forward Malcolm Thomas, who lit up the summer league, and Chicago native Patrick Beverley, who worked out with the team but did not play in the summer league. Veteran free agents the Bulls have looked at include Jonny Flynn and Donte Greene.

PROJECTION: The Bulls will look different next season, and not just because Hinrich is running the offense until Rose returns. Asik, Watson, Brewer, Korver and Lucas all were rotation players last season. That is a huge turnover for a team that has had the NBA’s best record in each of the last two years. Chicago will fall from the 60-win stratosphere. The Bulls are going to take a step back – at least in the regular season – and it could be far enough to fall behind Indiana in the Central Division.

For offseason analysis of every team, click here.

17. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Please let me know why n who OKC trades-bc Haden n Ibaka
    are owed very little this year...they trading westrbrook!? I think not...
    In act I'll take durant plus Ibaka over Dwight-durant scores more easily,mostly,
    and Ibaka tries had, blocks a TON-end o story no OKC is not doing the deal...
    They don't have the pieces

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Rob: Stay with us or get ready to move to Houston. Which one Dwight?

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I believe they are under the salary cap meaning they have more flexibility to take back salary in a trade. I think they can get even further below the cap if they amnesty Perkins which they were probably going to do anyway before making offers to Harden and/or Ibaka.

That being said, OKC trading for Howard doesn't really fit their profile. This is a team built on the blue collar San Antonio model. They don't just chase stars - they look for system guys....but Howard would make that a hell of a scary team. I just don't think sharing the spotlight with Durant & Westbrook and living in Oklahoma are things that Dwight would be interested in doing.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I think any GM is afraid of dealing with Hennigan. The way he flip flopped and used every offer as a leverage alreay gave a strong warning sign to the rest of the league. I wouldnt want to drag my team and fans into this endless saga if I were a GM.

In Morey we trust. He will do what is best for the organization.