1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic and Nets discussing Dwight Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockNRandy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Don't know why people blame Morey for this. Dwight's the one whose been a b****.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Morey has just about run out of super stars to waste time chasing.

Good.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Disgusting

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Morey will probably get a chance to pony up a counter offer today while the SnT talks are going with the Nets players.But, knowing D12 resigns gives the Nets more risk tolerance in a trade than the Rockets; uncertainty reduces value.

If the Nets get this done, congratulations! It's is a creative and ballsy move.

And I'm sure the League loves it. Nets/Knicks/Heat/Bulls will draw huge ratings and fill the arena every time they come to your town.

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Orlando have a plethora of PFs if the trade goes through. Plus the just drafted one.

Davis, Anderson, Clark, Harper, Nicholson, Lopez and Humphries. I need to go get me a job from this new magic GM.

they'll have more PFs than us!!!

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

After all the whining and threatening to sue and all, can't believe the Magic are giving in to Dwight's demands. LOL

Well, let the rebuilding begin.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This is starting to become even more annoying then all that Melodrama.

I wont feel sorry for him one bit when his back gives up again.

8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Don't think he ever actually said he'd play here. Still, we all know very well this league is rigged to some degree. How bad exactly, we will never know. Like someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't put it past the Prokhorov to be above backroom/under-the-table dealings. It's the Russian oligarch way!

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Damn rockets bball is gonna suck alot these next few years. Home games are gonna have lots of attendence problems

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As I said, the big issue here is what contracts Lopez and Humphries signs and whether those are reasonable.

I suppose one way to blow this up would be for some team to offer a deal to Lopez (or Humphries, but he is represented by the same agent as Dwight).

Funny thing is, the Magic didn't want these guys before, what changed their mind? You gotta think some sort of Lopez, Brooks, Hump and picks deal has been offered many times already.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This Is like if the "decision" had a baby with Melodrama, the Chris Paul "basketball reasons" fiasco, favre Watch and the Deron Williams "get your coach fired and bail" ordeal!!!

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Aren't Humphries and Lopez free agents? How can they be traded?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

By the way, I think the title is misleading. There isnt anything in the reports saying that the deal is "on the verge" as far as I can tell. Did anyone see any?

14. Dubious

In the battle of 'leverage' this has become, the power has now shifted to their agents. Why wouldn't they demand the Max at this point?

15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

No, it's just a potential deal being discussed.

16. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

At least the heat won't win in the east.

17. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Rockets could block this by giving a contract to Lopez or Humphries.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Orlando is running out of options. Dwight's attitude scared a lot of teams off.

19. Dubious

Morey probably lowered his offer or wouldn't include White, Lamb or Dmo yesterday when it looked like he had control.

20. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

Humphries is a 8-10M per year player.

why do the magic want a deal like this Carl

Im trying to crunch the numbers but it makes zero sense from a future rebuilding stand point.

The contracts that lopez and Humphries are seeking are not small.

Ok, but say the magic S&T for them... Why? When they are giving up Dwight Howard why do you want two Above Mid level guys??? With 3 late picks and one decent young guy???

That and how can Lopez and Humphries be in trade talks when they are RFA/FA

They are not even locked in. What if they don't want to go? Hahah throw a monkey wrench in the trade plans.

If I was Lopez and Humphries ... I'd be like you want me to too Orlando. You want Dwight Howard??? Better pay me to get this deal done then.

If I was Kris Humphries. I'd ask for MAX!!!