1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic and Nets discussing Dwight Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockNRandy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

Me too, me too.

I wish I could stop but I can't.

Just sad.

CBA is stupid, the commish is stupid.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I believe KDs home is Washington, D.C. But maybe he fell in love with Texas the one year he was here... Lol like that happened!

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

rockets "assets" arent worth a damn thing. Morey needs to stop hoarding second hand players and start making sacrifices

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There goes the wet dream to the toilet. Glad I was never a dreamer.

Start the youth movement Now! Superstars ain't coming to us unless we draft one.

5. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

Well true.

Not where he was born but ties because of the longhorn ps and he is beloved.

Guess in that case

Let's go get DeAndre Jordan :grin: kidding

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We have like 6 first rounders from the past two years!! That Is better than what they would get from the picks they get from a great Nets team!

7. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

Time for plan Z

youth movement and rebulid

I say keep the cap low as possible and keep flexible contracts

let are young guns get seasoned and get some experience at the NbA level under there belts. get a high draft lottery draft pick.

just don't want to be in the middle anymore :mad:

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Haha actually I like DJ (he Is wayyyyyyy overpaid!) He's from around my area and he went to high school at a private school down the road from where I used to live.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

houton has officialy become a black hole to above average nba players. No one wants to come here aside from camby and we have owner/gm that are out of touch on how todays league works. Bad contract aside, with the new CBA starting at end of season, players are now trying to get every $ they can (dragic) but houston doesnt want to pay. Our team willl still be full of PF's and disgruntled starters when the season starts.

10. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Didn't the Nets trade their first round pick this year so don't they need to use their first round pick next year? Abs they've already traded a first (ours) to Atlanta.

11. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

(3) 1st rounders with Howard Wallace Johnson and Williams on a team....

Picks are not the valuable considering it will be in the last quarter of the 1st round

Maybe bottom 4.

Brooks and Humphries are expiring and RFA

So basically the only true future the Magic gained is Marshon Brooks

And the Nets are taking NO BAD CONTRACTS which makes zero sense.

Just seems like the Magic are going the Nets a favor.

Bet Mikhail Prokhorov (Nets Owner) is wiring a nice amount of compensation under the table very discreetly at various of shore accounts to Richard DeVos (Magic Owner)

Defintley some gangster stuff going down with both owners and Stern.

$$$$ makes anything happen.

12. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

(3) 1st rounders with Howard Wallace Johnson and Williams on a team....

Picks are not that valuable considering it will be in the last quarter of the 1st round

Maybe bottom 4.

Brooks and Humphries are expiring and RFA

So basically the only true future the Magic gained is Marshon Brooks

And the Nets are taking NO BAD CONTRACTS which makes zero sense.

Just seems like the Magic are doing the Nets a favor.

Bet Mikhail Prokhorov (Nets Owner) is wiring a nice amount of compensation under the table very discreetly at various off shore accounts to Richard DeVos (Magic Owner)

Defintley some gangster stuff going down with both owners and Stern.

$$$$ makes anything happen.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How do they trade away future draft picks when you cant trade picks in consecutive years ...

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

every other year

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This. If the Magic accept this trade, Morey just needs to work with rebuilding the lights and glam for the city of Houston. No way is that Nets package close to being helpful for the loss of a franchise player. It's Gasol to LA esque

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Is wrong I mean I can't remember any time he actually called something! I mean according to him Lebron was going to New York! I will just have to hold of my thoughts until he suits up for someone because with Dwight you honestly won't Know until something actually happens

17. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

howard 20
    wallace 10
    johnson 20

williams 15m ?

65 million total for 4 players

18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

anyone?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. I guess the big question for the Magic is whether they prefer taking Humphries and Lopez, at whatever their contract $ is, to the "build through youth+draft" plan. Let's see what the contract $s are and how the math works out either way.

2. The report is that the Nets would also take back Hedo. This, and the part about multiple future 1st rounders, seem to be where Dwight's preference for the Nets makes a difference.

My guess is that a "rental" team would be willing to risk giving a bunch of young talent, but would be more reluctant to give up multiple future 1st rounders and take on bad contracts because they'd be totally screwed (can't use cap room to make deals, can't even tank for high picks) if Dwight leaves.

The Nets are in a unique position here.

3. I imagine a team like Houston might be able to match or even beat that Humphries+Lopez offer with an expiring contract and young talent if it agrees to take on Hedo and give up multiple future picks. But like I said, the risk is rather great if Dwight leaves.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

i think they are free to trade their 2013 pick because this draft has passed.