1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MAGA gear triggers crazy anti-Trumper

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Dec 30, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I wouldn't bro if it was something that bad but it is just a trump hat, I am just bringing it for discussion. I just think they handled it realllllyyy poorly bro. They should not have changed to just saying no hats, when it is obviously BS. Groundskeepers always have hats because of the dangers from the sun. I just think it cowardly. And yeah it shouldn't be a big deal actually. BUT an employer does have a right if it is a private employer because they need the employee to represent them in a neutral way perhaps.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a "big deal" because right wing trolls are very desperate to paint a narrative of being victims when in reality most of these hat wearing incidents are silly. This guy desperately wants to play the victim card and he feels justified in doing so because he percieves that minorities in this country also do the same.

This is how most of them go but replace Trump with Warren.

Individual wears Warren hat. Passerby makes an offhand comment: "Pocahontas!". Warren hat wearer is triggered and whips out phone camera and shoves it at the individual's face who made the remark. Hat wearer claims verbal and physical assault.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Supporting the Pres and the country is not a political message. Nothing wrong with patriotic displays man. If you don't support the USA then that's your issue, but it shouldn't be something anyone should be upset about.

If someone wore and OBAMA hat in recent past I would assume he just supports the USA and its leader. No worries.

mick fry likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

MiddleMan likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Nothing inherently wrong with wearing political attire. But when you wear it in such a devisive time, expect people to make comments about your attire.

I garauntee you if I wore a Warren hat out in public, I would receive offhand remarks such as "Pocahontas!". And I should as a rational human understand that is expected if I wear political attire today. And I'm not going to shove a camera in their face because of the comment.

In my school there are quite a few undergrad engineering kids who feel like they want to send political messages by wearing the MAGA hat. Unfortunately for them, they never get confronted and it so obvious that that they desire the confrontation. People just ignore them. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if they switched to business administration soon.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The camera wasn't shoved in her face. She came at the woman with the camera who obviously felt threatened by the large woman.

7. fchowd0311

Many people would feel threatened when someone records them especially when they threaten to post them on social media understanding that these "I'm a maga hat wearer and have been insulted" tropes generate plenty of hits.

I wouldn't want to be recorded and I'm sure you wouldn't. I can see a woman who feels insecure about her looks would feel very threatened that a random person starts recording them.

Insulting your favorite politician isn't grounds to start recording someone. You know it's an ass move.

Don't be a dick and start recording strangers. I know I have bad hair days were I roll out of bed and wear some sweatpants over the weekend to go grocery shopping. I wouldn't appreciate being recorded also. Many people wouldn't especially if they know that the type of video the individual is recording will generate a lot of social media clicks.

8. fchowd0311

Also, here's how you can tell if a MAGA hat wearer genuinely feels threatened: If they go straight to a law enforcement entity.

If they go straight to whipping out the camera, understanding that it's going to just exacerbate tensions, they never genuinely felt threatened and just wanted some social media love.

biff17 likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wrong. You have the right to stand your ground when a crazy lady attacks you for your hat.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Here is an idea... leave people alone for their hat. Only those who seek to control others care. These are illiberal fakes who are only liberal by name.

mick fry likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

You have the right to be a troll. Definitely agree. Doesn't mean you aren't a baiting social media w****.

Those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

You said she's a "big lady". The time she started recording her, the big lady was at a counter not interacting with her at all. So obviously the confrontation was over before the camera was whipped out. The camera made the situation worse and it pretty much proves that the small lady never felt threatened and was trying to make a video to post to social media.

12. fchowd0311

Here is an idea. When you wear political attire in such a politically divisive time, expect verbal confrontation. Not from a deserving standpoint but from a common sense pragmatic standpoint. It's basic common sense hence why it's obvious that they wear the hat for bait.

Like I said before, if I for some silly reason decided to wear a Warren hat, I'm fully expecting "Pocahontas!" jabs thrown in my way. And the last thing I would do is make a situation worse by whipping out the phone camera and following the person who made the remark.

Actually if I'm the type of person who does wear political attire, I would exactly do that because people who wear political attire out in normal public(not counting political events) situations are exactly the type of people who do this ****.

You know the type of people who just met a new person and then decide it's the appropriate time to bring up political discussion... Ya those are the same people who wear political attire out in public.

#272 fchowd0311, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are writing fiction. You don't know what happened before hand. Maybe she turned around once the camera came out and that protected the woman.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

More power to them. That's what living in a liberal society is about.

15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

The Mexican president also wants Mexico 1st and make Mexico great. Is he also a white supremicist racist?

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

The hat is threatening enough to the left but Team Trump t shirts? :mad:

[​IMG]

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I didn't get it until about 10 seconds later when I read the shirt.

mick fry likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another beating of a MAGA hat wearer:

On Saturday, a man wearing a red MAGA hat was approached by two men in the 18000 block of Cottage Garden Drive in Germantown, Montgomery County police said in a statement. Police said the man was harassed and asked why he was wearing the hat.

The two men then struck the victim until he fell and told him to take his hat off, before taking his property and destroying it, the statement said. It did not specify what was taken.

The assailants then fled and attempted to hide among a group of children playing basketball, according to the statement.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3001792d260a

Maga-hat-attack.jpg