1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Madonna drops the N word, on MLK day weekend, no less.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 18, 2014.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

Madonna has a son?

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Two actually.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

And one of them is big enough to box? Time flew ffs

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I just find it incredibly ironic that the OP of this thread just recently claimed how he was not racist in another thread.

It's like the whole topic of race is a personal infatuation of his. Weird.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

It doesn't matter who she is talking about the word is hurtful to some loved by others it's a no win .

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

In what world is the use of that word in that situation even close to being considered racist?

It's not even remotely close to being disrespectful in that context.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wow, so much free publicity. I'm thinking about how I can leverage racial insensitivity to get some free press about my business....

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Do you teach how to cook fried chicken? That's RACIST!

You're welcome ;)

1 person likes this.
  9. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I just clicked on your link. Next time the wife and I are in Houston, we'll check out a date night class.

1 person likes this.
  10. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Reminds me of this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uvJzr0zZvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kKHzEYaNSbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. amaru

amaru Member

What the hell is "black culture"?

Please explain that to me.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

BigTexx, I come in peace, so I think I know what you're trying to say.

Your claim about Barack Obama is simply that he didn't grow up in a predominant African-American neighborhood or population. Therefore, he may not have shared or became aware of the same experiences and "struggles" that others have.

And when you say things like "Black culture", you're referring to a sub-culture that shared among a specific racial/ethnic minority group in the U.S.? Thus Wikipedia has a whole entry regarding that topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_culture

Is this a fair assessment?

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Don't forget about the part where he said a whole slew of black congressmen and women shouldn't have supported him because of his college education and interaction with the majority population.

The jackass blames black hardship on "culture" every chance he can get, then claims that a black person doing the two things that would allow him to prosper in this society makes them inauthentic.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Does that instance of the word even have any meaning anymore? Movies....music...said in everyday conversations in public

#54 Uprising, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's a coping mechanism for being economically, educationally, politically and educationally quarantined from whites for the first 90% their existence here. Then white teenagers and subversives used it as a proxy for social rebellion and behavioral escapism, and there were enough lawyers, journalists, music producers and media networks around to make it profitable for the most talented and motivated blacks to reproduce and disseminate it at the expense of their people's dignity or a presence of positive role models in genuinely productive and attainable professions. It's also the reason we have Black Studies, when deans and college reformers could have just waited another twenty years for blacks to learn academic research and fill whatever doctoral gap that hideous program was meant to fill.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This sounds like one should understand it if one doesn't have an agenda against bigtexxx, like 93 % of the posters in this thread.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

What are you being so stern about. Black culture is hip and cool in 'Murrica, every other culture is not.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Except that Texx didn't even remotely mention the word or concept of culture in his original invective. He said that black congressmen, including Yale and UVA educated Sheila Jackson Lee, were stupid for supporting a black Senator of the same party because he went to college and interacted with the majority populace. No one here has any more of an agenda than Texx does in standing whatever bigoted ground he's staked out for himself on this BBS. He bent over backwards defending EddieWinslow who said young blacks "were no smarter than puppies," now he'd rather b**** about context than retract his own bile.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

what a lie.

post a link where I said black congressmen were stupid to support Obama since he went to college and interacted with the majority populace.

sounds like you're just having a bad day and decided I'd be your target

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I've posted and linked it multiple times, your numerous deflections regarding "culture" aren't anywhere in your original racist puke.

Sounds like you're just too bigoted to concede any kind of point to a black poster, or to even imagine they could go to college or interact with whites. Retract the quote or accept being defined by it.