1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Madden Curse Continues.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

McNabb & Sheppard Out for the Season

PHILADELPHIA -- Now Donovan McNabb is gone from the Philadelphia Eagles, too.

The Eagles' star quarterback will have surgery for a sports hernia and is expected to miss the rest of the season, another crushing blow for a team that had hoped to return to the Super Bowl.

All-Pro cornerback Lito Sheppard also appears out for the season with a sprained ankle that will require surgery.

Monday's announcements came one day after the reigning NFC champions fell to 4-6 with their fourth straight loss.

The struggling Eagles also are without star receiver Terrell Owens, who was suspended four games and told not to return to the team on Nov. 7.

McNabb didn't play in Sunday's 27-17 loss to the New York Giants after he re-injured his groin while trying to tackle Cowboys safety Roy Williams following an interception last Monday night. Williams returned it 46 yards for a touchdown with 2:43 left to lead Dallas to a 21-20 comeback victory over the Eagles.

McNabb had delayed a decision on the surgery to repair the sports hernia that has bothered him all season until he received two opinions that surgery was necessary.

Dr. William Meyers recommended that McNabb have surgery now to correct the sports hernia after an examination Thursday morning. Over the weekend, McNabb received a second opinion from Dr. Michael Brunt that confirmed the surgery was needed.

McNabb, who has played through injuries most of the season, had hoped rest and treatment would permit him to return to the field in a week or two and delay surgery until after the season. McNabb also had said he was hesitant to opt for the procedure because he's never before undergone surgery.

Sheppard was injured in the third quarter against the Giants when he got tangled up with wide receiver Plaxico Burress on an incomplete pass. He was taken off the field in a cart and the Eagles originally announced the ankle was broken. An All-Pro last year, Sheppard had 27 tackles, two interceptions and one sack this season.

Mike McMahon started for McNabb against the Giants, and completed 18 of 39 passes for 298 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He also ran for a score and helped the offense move the ball against a tough Giants defense that hadn't allowed a TD for 13 quarters.

Reid said Monday that McMahon would start for the Eagles on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

Sports hernias are most common among male athletes. A diagnosis sometimes can be tricky because, unlike more common hernias, there is not always a visible bulge in the leg or groin area. And with about 18 different variations, sports hernias can range from torn muscles to frayed muscles to a weakness in the abdominal wall.

Sometimes, the symptoms masquerade as a hip joint problem, a groin pull, a strained abdominal muscle or bursitis in the hip.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

All I do is
    Grunt and Groan
    Hurts me to walk anywhere
    Went to see my physician
    Dr. Jones
    He took my trousers off
    Told me to cough

The doctor said there ain't nothing
    To discuss
    He said anyday now
    I might have to wear a truss

Living with a hernia
    All the time such aggravation
    Living with a hernia
    Hurts me bad in a tender location
    Living with a hernia
    Have to have an operation

Feels so old
    Now I live with a hernia

Too much back pain
    Good God!
    Drives me insane

Can't bend over
    Barely crawl
    Got a bulge in my
    Intestinal wall

Walk real funny
    Bless my soul
    Can't play tennis
    And it's hard to bowl
    You can't even do the splits now (say it)
    Better call it quits now
    Well I'm sick of all this dancing
    Anyhow

Living with a hernia
    All the time, such irritation
    Now I live with a hernia
    Hurts me bad in a tender location
    Living with a hernia
    Have to have an operation

Well you may not be familiar with the common types
    Of hernias that you can get
    So settle down let me clue you in