1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mack is the man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by driver8, Jan 13, 2000.

1. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

Houston should have resigned Sam when they had the chance. For all he's done for the franchise, he deserved to be rewarded. On a team hurting for the shooting touch, Mack would be an ideal target for Francis to pass to on the perimeter after penetrating into the paint.

Anyway, if you're not going to resign the guy, why did you trade away Rodrick Rhodes in the first place? I'm just wondering where this franchise is going with the recent Hamilton departure.

------------------

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Who the F are you and where do get off saying Mack is the man? That SF weed must be STRONG!

------------------
    There can be only one...

3. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

oh the hamilton departure really hurt us. hey why dont you drive yourself off this forum bud.

4. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I don't know about Mac being "tha man" and all but all I can say is that I would have liked to see the rocks sign him , we could have used him , not only that , he really wanted to be here and there is nothing like a player that is loyal to your team and can play the team concept. OH well .....

5. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

"For all he's done for the franchise..."

Hehe, that statement right there makes you piss in your pants!

"On a team hurting for the shooting touch..."

Didn't I read in another forum that so far Mack is 7-21 from 3-point land and 0-10 at 2-pointers? Ouch!

------------------
    "These are my shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."
    --classic Charles Barkley (don't you miss him?)

[This message has been edited by 2Sandwiches (edited January 14, 2000).]

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Of all the ignorant postings I read on this BBS, I can't believe two people would jump a guy so bad for such a benign, inconsequential opinion. You must be gods.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

driver8, I agree that Mack would have been a good player for the Rockets to sign, especially with the new uptempo system they are running, but "the man"?

Nah. Nor do I think he deserved to be rewarded. Hakeem deserved to be rewarded. Even Barkley deserved to be rewarded. Mack? Nah.

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

8. Mulder

Damn Right Moe! You better recognize!

------------------
    There can be only one...

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited January 13, 2000).]

9. ArmChair Coach

brahma,

"get off this board"???? I thought the whole purpose of this board is to post your opinions. Do you consider yourself a god, as Moe posted?

10. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

oh i'm so sorry sir please forgive me, i'll never do it again, thank you for calling me out on that one sir , . thats hypocrisy man, well guess what pal that is my oppinion , and as you said this board is for people to express their oppinions. so please refrain from typing to me .

11. popeye

popeye Member

Word is:

Mr. T Hamilton had some unkind words to say to the staff and players at a practice/get together, after his limited time in the Kings game. Stated he earned the time and shopuld play more minutes. That Pig Miller was an "roster afterthought"( Ah, actually stronger words than that. But words to that effect), and he should be playing instead of that "pig faced (guy)". Rudy interupted him, and told him he was the one who decided who played and who didn't.

Rudy called Hamilton into a seperate conference, Rudy activated Hakeem early and released Two Sandwiches.

Note:

There was a spot on the IR. Hamilton was slated to be kept for the season, or, at least the portion of the season that included all of the LA (Shaq) games. Sounds like someone talked his way off a team.

See ya big man.

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Always so thought provoking.

Mango

13. Mulder

ArmChairDude; check the guys profile, he has ONE post. He came on this forum to specifically talk trash and you are defending him. I don't understand. He talks shiite and you are sticking up for him. Whatever.

------------------
    There can be only one...

14. popeye

popeye Member

Dang, I just read on another thread that addresses this subject in more detail. Sorry, I didn't come through the front page, and I don't read the chronicle as a matter of course, etc...

Duh, just skip my post above. Sorry. [​IMG]

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

popeye,

In another thread, you mentioned that Carlos deserves some respect(along that train of thought).

What position do you see as being his position when all is finally said and done with the roster?

Some posters on this BBS want another 3 and others want another 4. Where does Carlos fit?

Mango

16. ArmChair Coach

pardon me, I wasn't defending his post, but I was defending his right to post on this board. Brahma, that wasn't what I'd call an opinion. That was some sort of order, possibly driven by the "one post on his profile" deal. When I see the words "I think" in front of "why don't you just drive yourself off this board", then I'll back down.

Mulder, who the devil are you? I don't remember addressing you.

As for the post itself, I wouldn't mind seeing Mack back in a Rockets jersey. What happened to the bomb squad of yesterday? All we have now is the brick laying crew.

17. Mulder...If your going to use number of posts as a qualifier of how good a post might or could be, you fall far short of some of the veterans of this board.

So in response to Mulder and Brahma, who are both pretty new to this board, chill. His comments were not smack. And so what if he believes that Mack is the man. He's allowed to like whomever he choses. I found his post to be quite contrary to what you two claimed. Very candid, and well put. The only ones talking smack are the two of you. Both of those comments are the type straight out of the ESPN message board.

Driver8. All new members are very welcome to express their beliefs here. Please continue to bring your (key word here guys) opinions to this board, and way not to retaliate in the same manner as to which you were attacked.

18. Mulder

DS99: Come one, come all right? Remember that jerk Jazzman?
    Jazz fans, GS fans, Nick fans, you are welcome to come aboard, create a nickname and talk junk, and we will respect your wack ass opinion right, is that what you are saying? Plus I didn't say he was wrong because of the number of posts he has. You can not tell me that he didn't come in here today to talk smack about a player on his team and then never be heard from again. He's not retaliating probably because he is back on the GS team board laughing about how he posted smack on clutchcity.
    Armchairs: Bricklayers huh? Hey it ain't stellar but I would much rather have Anderson than Mack... in my humble opinion, OF COURSE. (I guess I have to write that s*** from now on.)

------------------
    There can be only one...

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Those of you who want to talk about each other, do it somewhere else.

Everything below this post is going to be about the Rockets.

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Well after talking all his smack mack hasn't done crap and thats a fakt jack !