1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maccabi Tel Aviv snatches Eliyahu

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Jul 1, 2006.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are not going to "WIN NOW" by adding another second round pick to the roster. Heck, they can still add an undrafted rookie (i.e., Darius Washington) without using any picks.

However, by picking an international prospect with the pick, the Rockets can stash him away for several years and watch him develop. Spanoulis is a much better player right now than when he was drafted in 2004. Perhaps we will say the same thing about Eliyahu in a few years. Bottom line, though, is that the Rockets could end up with a better (more developed) player in a few years by keeping that player overseas than they would be drafting an American to ride the pine at the end of the Rockets' bench and to waste a roster spot.

2. lex13

lex13 Member

Can't teams send draft picks, American or international, to play in the D-league for one or two years? Alexander Johnson is not some project 2nd round pick. DraftExpress had him projected in first round as 18th pick. I think Jerry West knows talent and was more than happy to snap him up at #45. He'd bring size, speed and athleticism to the Rockets.

I was originally hoping he'd be included with Battier in the yet-to-be officially announced trade. I think he'd be great insurance to have waiting in D-league incase the Rockets needed a big PF. The current roster is old and/or small at that position and they don't have the assets to acquire any current decent PFs.

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

kobe beat the raptors by himself.