1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luv Ya Blue!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bobblehead, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

So in case you have not noticed, Comcast cable has changed a bit.
    From 901 up there are a whole lot of In-Demands channels.

If you happen to get the NFL network, then you can watch NFL Network On-Demand on channel 930.

Go to the local part and there is a 20m documentary on the 1979 Houston Oilers and how it was a team Bud built.

I was only 7 in 1979, but I remember the names of the players and the Luv Ya Blue signs and song. I was even at the Dome when the bus came in after a loss and it was so loud, I cried. That may have been 1980 after a loss to the Raiders....I think.

Good memories guys.....still miss the blue sometimes......

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The only blue I can recall is Haywood Jeffries, and Drew Hill, Webster Slaughter, Ernest Givens, Cris Dishman, Curtis Duncan, Allen Pinkett, Warren Moon, and Bruce Matthews among others.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

reminiscing of tecmo superbowl....minus webster slaugther. he was on cleveland i think

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lkr91nAC9M4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lkr91nAC9M4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jO-41GWAw5c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jO-41GWAw5c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. tchenps

tchenps Member

If the Texans continues to struggle with their running game, can we try to implement a few run and shoot plays in the mix.

BTW, these vids really bring back a lot of good memories. :)

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Is this on Houston Comcast?

7. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Ahh. Nobody was better at stripping the ball away than Chris Dishman. I often wonder why players don't try doing that very much these days. They always go for the takedown rather than the strip.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Lorenzo White, Gary Brown, Al Smith, Clobber Line, Munchak, Blaine Bishop, William Fuller, Sean Jones, Marcus Robertson, The Commander, Darly Lewis, Lamar Lathon, Bubba McDowell, Bo Orlando, Michael Barrow

Man, I miss them.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i loved dish.

i remember he had a really nice streak of consecutive games with a takeaway to open up a season (i think the 90-91 season)

10. Bobblehead

Yes...Houston Comcast.

11. Bobblehead

Man those horses up front blocked like a mutha for Moon.
    What great memories....thanks!!!!!

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Did the Oilers play the... 49ers on Christmas day? I vaguely remember my dad watching it with my uncle.

13. Bono

Bono Contributing Member

there WAS a Christmas game vs the 49ers where Gary Brown went off and Blaine Bishop had a big day as well

14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Ahh...yes. Thanks. ^_^

15. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

ok, I admit it. I got a smile on my face from seeing this. Special time. Just couldn't beat Denver & Elway in the divisional playoffs, damn! Jeffires could have been a hero.

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Yeah, watching that made me realize: Moon had a serious pocket more often than not. No wonder he put up such big numbers.

Damn you Elway and Reich!

17. Bobblehead

As much as I love the Texans.....I would love it if we still had the Oilers.

I had season tickets when Glanville was head coach and the dome was the "House of Pain!" It was awesome...nothing like a game at the dome in those days....it was deafening!

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Yeah, a couple of weeks before I went in the Marines, went to the Cincy game in 1990, the one where Jeffires (I think) just laid out for that over the shoulder catch was caught at the 3 not quite a TD but, still was beautiful to watch. The crowd just went bezerk. Also remember, the "yea, boo" episode. The PA would flash one pic and crowd went "yea" and then he'd show a bengal and the crowd would boo. Man, those were the days. Sam Wyche, what a character! LOL! BTW, the final was 48-17 to somewhat offset the previous year's 61-7 drubbing in Cincy which was Glanville's death knoll. Sam Wyche absolutely hated Glanville to the very end.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

God, what a great team that was. Thanks, Bobblehead, and geeimsobored for being bored and finding us the videos. ;) What a ****ing defense! It was unreal. The offense was a blast to watch. The Oilers had so many great teams during their history. Yes, they had long stretches of mediocre ones, but that just made the great seasons that much sweeter. We had some superb players. No, never made it all the way, but it was damned fun trying to get there. If the Texans can ever come even close to some of those teams, maybe I can finally get into them.

I will always have a place in my heart for the Oilers. How I miss them.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

bandwagoner ;)

But seriously... it was too "honeymoonish" the first 3 years of the Texans existence. The last three years have been the perfect set-up to develop some TRUE hardcore fans... thus proving that you can't truly love a team until they dissapoint you time and time again prior to ultimate success.