1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ssp0929, May 11, 2008.

1. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

How does he manage to get all of his lay-up attempts blocked and/or just misses wide open layups entirely?

If he's such a great shooter, why does he drive when he knows he will get blocked?

To me, Luther Head is a shorter, slightly faster, and slightly less accurate, Steve Novak.

I'd rather see him take shots than drive and either:

a. Lose the ball.
    b. Get the ball stolen from him.
    c. Get blocked.
    d. Crossover a defender, but manages to miss easy layup.

If we can manage to get him fired up from 3-point land he would be the perfect alternative to Steve Novak, seeing that Luther Head is faster and plays better overall defense than Novak.

I say we give him more minutes in the regular season next season rather than yell and scream for him to get traded.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

TRADE LUTHER HEAD

3. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Nice to know that you're one of those whining Rockets fans that want Luther traded. :)

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

after two series against Jazz played by him you just don't wanna see his face again next year

5. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

What are the chances we'll be playing against the Jazz next year, for the third time?

6. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

1 out of 8! :p Wizards played againt Cleveland 3 consecutive years, the result ? Cleveland won every time.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

doesn't matter, Luther 'I can't shoot in the playoffs' Head needs to be moved

8. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Chances of us facing this Jazz again next year??

Highly probable.

In regards to Head, he needs to go. He had his chances and blew it. Did NOTHING against the Jazz this season.

He's a slight faster, less accurate version of Novak (like you stated).

I'd rather keep Novak. He's a more consistent shooter.

Oh, and Head doesn't play any better defense than Novak.
    Okay, maybe a little.

All in all, trade Head. He's too inconsistent and too unreliable.

9. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

Are you luther's MOM? or his pregnant GF?

Which one are you?

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

nice to know people appreciate his non passing skills. he's a turnover machine. all he can do is shoot. shooting can be replaced. get rid of him. i thought when we drafted him we expected him to learn the PG positiong. he cant play the point and he is undersized to get significant minutes at the 2.

Im suprised he doesnt get posted up more often. I think the only reason he didnt see minutes this year is because he wouldve gotten abused on the low block by korver, harpring, or even williams

#10 Nice Rollin, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  11. sook

sook Rookie

This guy is GREAT during the reg season. Rmbr when tracy was out and he started, he did awesome. But oh boy he is just about as bad as you can get in the playoffs, just like farmar for the lakers

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

shouldnt it be 1 out of 7, cuz we cant play ourselves....those are even better odds. he'd probably disappear against the lakers, spurs, or hornets too

13. rocketsfaninsa

i gotta agree about gettin rid of him...i was a HUGE luther head fan last year but he just hasn't adapted like he was supposed to. and let's face it, when you're on a team as a SHOOTER but not making your SHOTS, then you're pretty much expendable. trade him

14. lastmanstanding

So was I. He was lights out clutch in the regular season. Then when he was actually guarded in the postseason, he sucked. He regressed this year and had a worse postseason than last, if that is even possible.

15. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

The man shot 7%. FYI - Shaq shoots 3's at a higher clip.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

People have been saying this for a while, and the past two years he has gotten all the experience he could want. Face it, he just chokes it up in the playoffs, nothing he does in the regular season can change that and we don't need a (nother?) player with so little intestinal fortitude.

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

this is as good as luther head will ever get. he'll always be an undersized SG who can't pass, drive, or handle. i wish we had kyle korver.

18. Summer Song Giver

I would not be against including Luther in a trade with some expirings for a MORE well rounded player but remember this, the only thing Luther really brings to the table offensively is his ability to hit the wide open three at a good clip.

When Yao is back that shot will be back as well, it wasn't there in the payoffs because the Jazz weren't having to double the post. Luther HAS VALUE to the team as a spot up shooter, before we give him away let's make sure we are not shooting ourselves in the foot doing so.

I remember a time when Luther was not the BBS whipping boy but when Yao went down the style of play changed, Luther's biggest strength became something that was deemphasized and his biggest weakness became glaring weaknesses.

Just remember Yao will be back and we will need outside shooting. When that happens we will all be back to bashing the golden boy of the moment Rafer Alston; who will be in the same position Luther was in in the Jazz series. That is, his biggest weakness, his outside shooting, will once again be under a microscope. Without the ability to get into a flow by being able to do whatever the Hell he wants on offense I bet he starts bricking his jumper once again.

With all that said, Rafers' value is at an all time high and if you can move him, still not sure anyone would want him and his contract, in a package for a point guard like Kirk Hinrich then I say you do it.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Leave Luther alone!

20. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

nice to know you are one of those board members who whine about other's opinions. trade luther. i wished they would have traded him this season.