1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Shot Bob, Apr 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

I thought he was missing his handles and court vision.

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Someone was bound to do it sooner or later...

Luther Head is the most underrated player on this board.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

If you are a 6'3 NBA guard and you can't dribble a basketball, you have no business in a playoff contender's rotation.

The day Luther Head is finally traded cannot come soon enough.

4. yobod

yobod Member

He's a role player, and his role is to shoot which he does very very well.
    He shot 60% from the field last game, with 15 points. Also our best free

If we cut him, any other playoff team would jump at signing him. Phoenix, LA, Spurs. He's a type of player you need when you've got Yao to spread the floor.

But whatever. HE OBVIOUSLY SUCKS :rolleyes:

5. yobod

yobod Member

He's a role player, and his role is to shoot which he does very very well.
    He shot 60% from the field last game, with 15 points.

If we cut him, any other playoff team would jump at signing him. Phoenix, LA, Spurs. He's a type of player you need when you've got Yao to spread the floor.

But whatever. HE OBVIOUSLY SUCKS :rolleyes:

6. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

I certainly don't underrate him. But he is a shooter and nothing more. Once he squares himself up its all good. But for everyone's sake please don't dribble the ball and try to make plays. Once in a while he can catch a defender off guard and take it to the rim(only works once a game)

Have you ever seen him try to break a press!? And its always The Legend of Zelda when he leads a fast break.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL STOP STOP. You are too cute.

The reason it's been a decade since the Rockets were of any relevance is because they have insisted on stocking up on these "role players" while the other contenders look for basketball players.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If by tooth you mean jumpshot...

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

If by jumpshot, you mean 60 percent his last game.

Its really gotten to a point where this board finds faults with certain players and ignore others. I have to admit I'm this way with Alston.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

In last game obviously he didn't suck but what I have about Luther is that he is SELFISH. Even when we are up by 20 he just can't understand it, he only thinks how to score, that's bad.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Exactly. The selfish Head, who played all 12 minutes of the 4th, scored 7 points on 3/3 shooting in the 4th quarter.
    come on, Head, next time think about Rafer when we are up by 11 points in the 4th. I would like to take 0/5 over your 3/3 any day!

Head sucked haters' brain.

12. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

Yes but with Alston there is no need to search for faults...they are just to obvious

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Its not about stocking up on role players it about getting guys who aren't really much of NBA material. They have really done well for a team that relies so heavily on dleague and low draft prospects but i think people have started thinking that some of these guys are really good because of our success.

I'm 6-3 and I've stood next to Head and he's smaller. The guy has below average handles for a SG and he is the size of a PG so he limits his effectiveness. Other NBA shooters with his level of handles are normally in the 6-5 to 6-8 range, so they can shoot over people. He has looked alot better than he really is because we have the luxury of 2 stars (1 right now) who can draw the defense to where he is wide open alot of the time.

He's not a garbage player or anything but if you read my sig you'll notice there are other people on our team that are much more underrated.

14. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Luther is what he is: a bench player who can shoot but can't handle the ball very well. He's an iffy defensive player at best and sometimes you have to scratch your head at his decision making.

But when you leave him open in our system... oh boy!

15. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Selfish? I recall several games when he didn't even attempt a shot.

16. sook

sook Rookie

why do you hate head rofl...the dude can shoot the lights out from the 3 point line on normal days...

17. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Lets see how he does in the playoffs this year he hasn't been in the league 5 years yet give the guy a chance in the new system with Adelman.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

First of all I'm not Luther's hater. I pretty much like that guy. But he is selfish sometimes, that's for sure.

Rafer is not great but at least he can dribble and pass the ball. Luther head is a shooter, rafer is not. you can't compare those 2 guys.

And I'm not saying he is bad, i djust don't like situations when we are up by 20 and head is on the court trying to make his stats. I also think that as for shooter he probably dribbles too much.

19. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

You're right, Alston is not a shooter, but that probably means he should stop taking 20 shots a game. If he shoots poorly and often, then its certainly fair to compare the two.

Can you explain to me what makes him selfish, because overdribbling does not make you selfish. You act like him being on the court when we're up by 20 is his fault. There isn't one player who isn't trying to make stats during garbage time. Its exactly what its for. If you don't like it then don't watch garbage time...

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He is selfish, his drives are useless and when he for example misses shot he just wants to make another and it doesn't always good.

As for Rafer hell I agree. We don't need him taking 20 shots a game, I better see him getting 10 asists. Rafer needs to become more of a passer than he is right now and he should drive more often especially with his shot - one time he makes 6 3s, the other he misses 6.