1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head & Chuck Hayes Sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ultimatepaki, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ultimatepaki

ultimatepaki Member

So I saw both of these Rockets at a Stephen A. Smith black tie gala tonight at the Intercontinental Houston Hotel. They were honoring NBA mothers.

I talked to Chuck Hayes and asked when he was going to get resigned and he told me it would be done "By next week".

I also got to talk to Luther Head and asked him what he thought about the Steve Francis acquisition and he seemed really excited and thought it was going to really help the team out. Then I asked if he was still going to get playing time and his reply was "Oh yeah I'll still get a lot of minutes".
    I'm not as optimistic as he was especially with the log jam at the guard positions but I guess we'll see.

Other notables at this gala that I was able to see were Jermaine O'Neal, Corey Maggette, and I believe Daniel Gibson. I'm sure there were a lot more stars but I kind of got there a little late.

I'll try to post pics, but no guarantees. If I don't get the pics then feel free to blame my cousin because he is supposed to send them to me.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

nice
    thanks for the info

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

cool, were you this guy :confused:

[​IMG]

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Luther Head's 3pt accuracy will be very crucial in Adelman's system for the Rockets, me thinks....he might also get to do some of the slashing and driving he did in college.

5. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I really hope this is true

6. Chronz

Chronz Member

Hey man, I told you when you took that picture, it doesnt leave your bedroom, now I find you posting it online

7. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I hope it's true. I've been dieing for some kind of Rockets news.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

dude this is some funny stuff. I just got home from Betty Ford in Portland. Good stuff. keep it coming getns.

9. Asian Sensation

U live in Portland too? And you go to Betty Ford? And your a Rockets Fan? Wow 3 things in common.

10. liangqj

liangqj Member

OH,that is great.
    I think Head will have a few minutes for his 3.
    I hope he can join in Adelman's system.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Luther just forgot to mention that part.

12. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

dont underestimate luther

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

yeah. dont underestimate luther's ability to pass the ball into the stands...

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You mean underestimate his ability to tighten up and choke during an entire 7 game playoff series?

15. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

he sure did win some key games for us down the stretch with his 3's...that clippers game is the most recent i can rmr in houston...without that we wouldnt even have HC prolly...thats all i think we need to give him another chance instead of bashing/..everyone lved luther during the regular season

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I appreciate the 4th quarter 3 point shooting last season and we shouldn't give him away for nothing. But in Adelman's motion offense I don't think Luther will be as effective. JVG's style, where he was mostly a catch and shoot guy, perfectly suited Luther. Adelman prefers well-rounded offensive players which doesn't bode well for a guy who can't dribble, pass or shoot on the run (or off picks) very well. Plus his defense is awful. Luther needs to take a bigger step up this season than he did last season.

17. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

everyone is dogging the same guys they were loving last season up until game 7 vs. utah....man where is the love for those ballers who tried their best and won 52 games. they gave their best effort and it wasnt good enough.

18. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Its good to see you posting more last couple of days = ) I think i mentioned the same thing as you did in another thread.and i agree that everyone loved all these players untill game 7...sad that it happens to be that way.

19. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Dirk did the same thing and he was the MVP and has significant playoff experience.

One playoff series shouldnt doom Luther, especially his first one ever. Im fine with trading him if it nets us value, but to simply dump him when he has a small salary, is signed for a couple more years, hit big threes for us most of last season, and Wells and Francis can be gone next year, is stupid.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Love has nothing to do with it. Some of the guys we had last year weren't good enough. Their best effort still resulted in a loss to the Jazz. To improve a team, you get rid of some players and bring in new ones. Luther is probably one who will see less time and the Rockets will be better off for it.

Game 7 wasn't the issue for me. I was on Tracy's case after game 1 for choking in the 1st half. I was on his case severely after his overconfident "I'm gonna keep on shooting" remark after game 2, and I never let up after that. Luther was a lost cause the entire series, not just game 7.