1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[lulz] Video mashup of Sean Elliott calling Harden's 61pt game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 23, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Was the kidney surgery for Sean Elliot Brother even real? Was it for a coverup, to make Sean Elliot not feel bad for him, when his health is so bad? His bad charactar makes me question. Only GOD knows if it was a real surgery for his brother.
    Media can be paid off easily, to plant a fake news story.

Sean Elliot has a kidney problem since 1995, think about that and Sean Elliot brother transplant.

I don't wish ill will of any human being, but the way media lies, inside job, blackmail etc, someone getting framed.

I don't trust Sean Elliot.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He was/is a SCRUB

BamBam likes this.
  3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I’m absolutely fine with everything you just cited..

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's more impressive: 1) Harden pulling victory out of defeat with a 61-point game, or 2)...

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Don't fool yourself . . .

*Fools himself*

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. rocketseagles07

Elliot is the worst and him and Dominique Wilkins specifically always hate on harden. Hope you enjoyed that 61 f boy

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Ol' Elliott didn't have much to say during those 3 3pters at the end...is he that bitter that he can't enjoy good basketball? The man just destroyed your team...everyone knew Harden was going to continue to get the ball but it didn't matter. All he could do is sit there with this thumb up his ass.

Reminds me of Tommy Heinson during that playoff game when Jordan dropped 63 on the celtics...Heinson just raved over the celtics the whole freaking game as Jordan had great play after great play...not until he scored 61 or maybe it was 63 when he finally just said 'wow'. That was it. Really man? That's it...historic performance and you got nothing else? Pathetic.

heypartner likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What do idiot. The MJ comparison is unecessary really. That wasn’t even an analytical assessment. Sometimes I scratch my head at idiots in the sports world similar to Elliot. Colin coward, kellerman, skip bayless, Jay williams making big bucks for dumb ass non assessments. Smh ‍♂️

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got fooled

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. It wasn't a typical pre-game Keys to the Game type of thing. It was an opinion piece. Maybe that's what he does in that segment -- give a hot take.

I was hoping someone would catch that. I was tempted to do a caption to point it out.

He did really address Harden's clutch play at all. And at the end -- which I purposely cut off in my vid -- was him having the Derozan foul on queued up for a big Whine, like Skips ALL-CAPS tweet. It changed the game, as if it would have prevented Harden's run.

Here:

btw: we've seen flops on Harden where the defender gets their head into the Harden's dribbling space (Rondo did that) or shooting space, so I have no sympathy for them saying that is never called, or shouldn't be. I agree, but it is called...at least, this year it has been.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What a beautiful, beautiful game played by Harden. We’ve seen so much by him that we have become spoiled. This game against the Spurs was one of the best games I’ve ever seen played by anyone.

heypartner likes this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

golden state and pelicans announcers too.

dc rock likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Devil's Advocate:

1) That "not Jordan" soundbite was from a sponsored "Taco Bell Take" which sounds like it is supposed to be a hot-take type soundbite. If that is the case, "not Jordan" is a pretty mild and reasonable hot-take.

2) He wasn't that negative throughout the game. Mostly sounded exasperated because Spurs were unable to stop Harden; not so much like he was discounting what Harden was doing.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, that's true. So sure, he probably does a Hot Take for Taco Bell each game. But most other teams do sponsored "Key to the Game" bullet lists. All National Games do that. Drexler does ours.

So, I'm going to make a wild guess and say that Elliott's personality and style prompted sponsors to favor a Hot Take segment for him, rather than the more common Keys to the Game, and maybe a clever salesperson for Spurs took the Hot Take concept to pitch specifically Taco Bell. yummy :)

Haymitch likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Jesus dude. Relax

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This is what I was thinking as well. I'm remembering Marcus Smart and greyhound from the 76ers game earlier this year. Guys get overly aggressive and don't get called or flop and don't get called, so I really don't have any sympathy when it happens to the other team.

What I've noticed recently is Harden staying poised more and more as the season has gone on. He's not out there fist pumping or yelling a lot, he just seems to be staying calm. Think when he hit that shot vs. GS in OT. Everyone else was hyped up and he was trying to shush folks. This last game he was hitting shot after shot and just calming walking back to the bench when the Spurs called timeout and everyone was going crazy...almost expressionless. Other times too during the season it seems this way.
    Somewhere between rage and serenity?
    [​IMG]

Sidarma and heypartner like this.