1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic = James Harden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 29, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

it's an interesting thought experiment, he would certainly command by far the biggest trade package in history

2. StroudAndYorDaddy

because he is not james harden.. in reality luka is closer to prime russ in terms of impact and the metrics also show this

harden is very underrated historically as an elite regular season floor raiser

you give young james harden this mavs team with a lob threat like derek lively and the shooters, role players on the mavs they would currently be a top 4 seed at worst

little known fact: james harden has the most overall wins since 2009 by any current active nba player.. more than lebron, curry, durant, kawhi.. etc

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i agree but to be fair, the mavs have had a lot of injuries. lively has missed a ton of games along with kyrie and luka. that is their 3 most impactful players. luka has also been to a WCF as the best player on a team. a great accomplishment for someone so young.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I only remember Golden State running away with consecutive Win records during Harden's tenure.....

The West was always tough but was the West that deep .......where your Number 1, Number 2, Number 3 teams are not far away from the Number 4 team.....

I do not really know.

5. StroudAndYorDaddy

West was always tough, that’s besides the point.

The mavs have no business being the 8th seed if Luka is having the impact the casuals are claiming he does. Keep in mind that this is coming off the hills of the mavs completely missing the playoffs last yr all together. Yea Luka gets his numbers but more often than not if you check the box score of mavs games his plus minus is usually in the negative.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Something happened, I believe they were like the 3rd or 4th seed in the early months......

I have not watched him all year though, Kyrie was injured for 1 month or so.

Grant Williams rubbed everyon wrong, he was shipped the hell out of there, some internal stuff?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dallas is on the clock.
    Doncic won't be a Mav Lifer unless they make a substantial push to surround him with better talent.
    The Emergence of OKC and Timberwolves . . . . Kings ain't going no where
    I don't suspect Denver is either . . . .. .

Rocket River

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doncic would give them his best years and only leave if he leaves by age 32 or 33 like Dame.

He's pretty loyal, for today's standards.

I think he works best with Antetokounmpo or Jokic..... Blitz king Luka.

#329 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the mavs look tough with their new additions. the playoffs will be crazy. i dont think any of the top seeds will enjoy having to match with DAL, NO, or PHX if they are healthy. everyone will probably want SAC in round 1, but im not sure they make it. the play in is where they should be in this stacked west, and if they get LAL or GS I could see them missing altogether.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Crazy that 32-23 is only good for 7th seed

West is absolutely ridiculous

Rocket River and clos4life like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they play like they did the last few games, then they would be closer to the 4th or 5th seed by the end.

Like projected most offseasons.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Doncic puts up some legendary stats, but none of his teams have ever won at least 50 games

they just lost by 17 at home to the Pacers

missed the playoffs last year, and is currently just 1 game ahead of the 10th seed this year

Jturbofuel likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kidd's days are numbered.....Mavs are capsizing.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Any potential coaches with the last name of Mann? We would say, that's what they get for hiring a Kidd to do a Mann's job. :confused:

clos4life likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Doncic is putting up very impressive numbers - in an era of ungodly scoring.

Even if you look at what Harden did - 5 years ago, scoring almost 36 a game.... he would score like 38-39 a game now in this era.

At the tale end of Jordan and Olajuwon's prime, teams were scoring 20 points a game less than now.... Jordan was still getting 30 a game, and Dream 28 a game.... Jordan would be scoring like 37-38 points a game in his 30's.

Gives some perspective as to what is going on.....

clos4life and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Dude is in his early to mid 20's - he needs to actually get in shape. I know he has that soggy Eastern European genes, but if he is serious about being his best, he could get into better physical shape.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - there is a melanin issue here.

If Luka was not a white European guy--- people would not find his trick shots before or after games so funny, and it would bother him that he is not in great shape and wouldn't laugh so loud when he said "I don't practice that"...

Hell of a player on the offensive end - but could be better and hopefully soon he figures out that wins matter more than a bounce bank shot from the pretzel cart on the bowl level of the arena.

Ask Larry Bird how impressed he is with Luka losing by 17 to the Pacers.

studogg and clos4life like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member