1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola's Left Hand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by user, Oct 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Did you tell Morey about this left-hand thing? I can't believe he never thought of such an obvious way to build a championship team: find guys who can dribble with either hand! I hope no other GM's find out this secret.

2. Yak

Yak Member

No player is perfect.

Every player has his flaws, but the thing that makes the star players so good is that they are able to mask those flaws with skills that overshadow his weakness.

Luis may not be able to go to his left, but his right-handed skills are very good.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

lol actually i tought the same ;]

btw this thread is a total fail. sorry 'user' but looks like you haven't watched any games with Scola. Look at our record with him as a starter, than look at his stats from his first year (rookie) and tell me that he is not a starter in this leauge.

FAIL

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Watch the second quarter of the preseason Celtics game. I just watched it again last night and Bull even made a comment about him using it... and they replayed it.

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

then probably put brooks at PF because he can dribble with his left :rolleyes:

6. DPballer

DPballer Member

Scola doesn't use both hands in ball handling and doesn't help the community! TRADE HIM NAO!

7. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I completely agree. Our record with Scola as the starter is absolutely ridiculous. He's starting off slow...so what? It's the damn preseason!

8. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't think Scola's lack of a left hand (if it IS true), is reason enough to bench the guy. Landry had the one good game and then has been quiet in the other two he's played in. This shouldn't be a surprise as inconsistency was an issue with him last season. Scola is the vet, Landry only a second year player (they are both, second year players, but Scola has been playing basketball at a professional level for longer). Scola has better leadership ability.

Landry, on the other hand, is more explosive. At any time he can go off for say, 20 points... or even have a 10 point game but have a few plays here and there that get the crowd going. Its his one advantage over Scola. But that type of thing you want from a bench player. You want your bench to come in and change the tempo and make plays to get the crowd excited.

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Since Luis Scola has been the starting PF, what is the Rockets record?

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

he made a nice scoop lay up with his left agst the thunder

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

lol good point, everyone knows he can't dribble with his left well, that's what's so amazing about him, you KNOW he's going right and you still can't stop him half the time

12. TheyCallmeExMan

Is this another Carl Landry bandwagon thread?

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wow Albert, I never knew you were American. I thought you were Polish or something.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Luis said he would give his right hand to be ambidextrous.

15. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

classic ;)

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Cool! Keep Yao on the bench as a SECRET WEAPON!!!! :rolleyes:

Under no circumstance, reason, motive, cause, effect, or plain factor will any of us allow this to happen. May your typing hand turn into a BURRITO if this ever happens, sir. :eek:

17. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

To add to the Scola v Landry comparison. Scola actually has post moves. Landry doesn't have any. If Landry has the ball, and has a defender in front of him, he isn't going to score unless its via a jumpshot. Thats really his only weakness, if Landry can gain some post moves he would be a big weapon on offense.

18. dexkk

dexkk Member

I agree. I also believe that if Artest starts, Landry should start. However, if Battier starts, I would like Scola to start instead.

19. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't know if it matters that much because both players are probably going to log about the same ammount of time.

But, Landry is the type of player I would like coming off the bench. He adds energy to the game. Don't get me wrong, Scola does too, but in a different way. Landry is going to make the flashy dunks and get offensive rebounds that get the team motivated, while Scola is kind of like Battier in that he makes the hussle plays.

And I kinda have a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude about this as well. We know what Scola is going to bring as a starter, we know what Landry can bring off the bench. Why bother switching for essentially no reason? If Landry is really the better player, he'll be the better player off the bench. And if we get into a rut, that could be the type of switch that would put us back on a winning streak again just like when we put Scola into the starting line-up.

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Scrubola has an amazing talent: he makes easy shots look hard. Mind you, he does score on a number very difficult shots but I can't tell if those shot really were difficult or he just made them look difficult.