1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola: The Rockets Should Not Be Too Far Away From the Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

YUP....I feel the same way as you do. :D ;) :p

There are currently 2 to 3 different articles on tom.com (originally published on Titan Sports) all from the same reporter Jia Fan who was sent there to Buenos Aires to cover Luis Scola and the Argentine national team.

The articles talked about how he treated his fans like a gentleman off the court, and how he acted like a leader on court by motivating his under-performed team mates the way a captain and a leader should.

If I have time tonight, I will find those articles and provide a translated summary of them to share with you guys.

2. Coca Cola Scola

Scola loves that low block....how do you think Adelman will fit Scola's game with Yao's? How's Scola's mid-range jumper these days? I know he improved qutie a bit...but how accurate is he from the midrange these days?

3. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

If he's as good with the basketball as he is with adjectives, the Rockets have a winner on their hands.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

[​IMG]

Whoa, that's one big ass cup, it looks so much better than the puny NBA MVP trophies, is that the MVP that Scola won?

5. Coca Cola Scola

He looks like Paul Bunyan in that picture....unless those guys behind him are really really short.

By the way, the funniest question and answer in that interview:

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Any box scores? Thanks for the translation.

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yeah, I agree and keep the facial hair too.

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

You mean like this, Scola: "WOW !! He is simply inconceivably ridiculous! Everybody knows that he is a great player. But surprisingly, given his height, he still can shoot such accurately and can move very fast. I can only attempt to front him. His performance was just exaggeratedly dumbfounding and he was simply dominating.

These will be my new mottos when Yao is playing great! :)

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Scola overwhelmingly uses exceedingly too many adverbs.

10. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

As promised, the following is another article on tom.com (originally published on Titan Sports) by Jia Fan from Argentina illustrating to us the on and off court leadership of Luis Scola !! :cool: :) ;)

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Paol Gasol part 2. this kid is gonna be great. he has all the tools needed to be successfull. the IQ, the game and more importantly the attitude needed to be great. you can just see he wants to win. he expects nothing short of perfection.you can see it by the championship this year comments.

With yao and tracy being so mellow, i can see scola letting them know that they need to stepupwhere in there cruise mode.... he's got leadership written all over him. finally we may get a vocal leader on the court.

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I hope so :D

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Where are the obligatory posts that say this is obviously another fake interview? :eek:

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Good lord I am so excited. This team cannot get on the court fast enough for me.

Every one of them is coming into this season with one purpose. To work as a team and win! Unless they are all just saying "the right thing" and not really believing what they are spouting I have a feeling that this is going to be a fun team to watch.

Thanks for the translations Pryuen.

15. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

He can take on Yao and they can play as teammates on Warcraft lol

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

again, Pryuen, thanks for the info and translations. It appears that Scola really has his head on straight. Big on family and shows leadership qualities.

How are you coming along on getting him a shoe contract in China :D We can't let our Argentine newbie down after getting his release from FIBA/Tau Ceramica!! The ones that don't sign him will regret it for a long time. He shows all the off-the-court qualities of a Shane Battier that many Chinese will endear for years to come.

How's that to start off your sales pitch?

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Scola will take away Haye's starting job after the first month. He will average about what David Lee does in New York. My prediction for Scola is 10-12 ppg and 7-10 rebounds per game.

18. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Pass that message along to all the players that have those nappy looking dreadlocks as well .

19. roswell raygun

Gotta love Scola! Let's ascend to that pinnacle.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member