1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Scout Video 2/3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Jul 16, 2007.

1. awo86

awo86 Rookie

thanks

but ahhh.....i'm not as high on scola as people around here are. seems like hes not that good defensively and isn't a good rebounder, a quality that yao needs from his buddy.

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

:( i have no idea who to look for. they all look the same.
    and on top of that, even when the black guy had the ball, they were like
    "scola vente punto"

:/ i wont be able to scout him until he plays for us

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

His game appears to be one of a offensively gifted Varejao. He is perfect with the size hustle and smarts he brings to the game. He can certainly get his mid range shot going and he can even have a few plays run for him. I also read he was great at passing to the low post from the high post which will be perfect in adelmans sysytem just like Chris Webber and Vlade ran.

Thanks alot for the video!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well... blame youtube.... youtube is worse quality than amateur p*rn shot with cellphone camera.

5. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Threads that provide breaking news or in-depth analysis you can't get anywhere like this one in particular define CF.net. Thanks for the hard work and time put into it!

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thanks for the video. I see a lot of positives from it.

First of all, he seems to be an excellent offensive weapon. He can shoot! He moves very well without the ball, and keeps himself in the scene even when he doesn't have the ball. This bodes well for us, because if he can keep moving around, once Yao gets double teamed, he can flip the ball to an open Scola(should be his man doubling Yao), who can then use his shooting ability to hit the open shot. Much like Chucky did last year, only shooting a higher percentage, and not needing layups to score. This should boost his points per game average greatly.

The other thing I really like about him, and it's something we need more of, is that he is not afraid of contact. He seems to be a physical player. He gets in there and blocks shots. He DOES, however, seem to foul a lot, but that can be worked on. his physicality, and what seems to be decent blocking should help Yao down low on defense.

He moves very well. He dribbles the ball well, and works well off the dribble.

Judging from the one little clip, he didn't seem to hit the clutch shots (I think time was expiring, at least), but that shouldn't be a problem, as we have TMac, Yao, Battier, Head, etc.

As far as rebounding goes, that's something I hope Chuck can work with him on. He should be able to improve his rebounding with coaching. For as much as he hustles, I think a lot of the lack of rebounds are because he runs up the court too quickly. Maybe he was coached that way, as he seems to be the one of the top defensive weapons...I don't know. There are a few clips where he really gets after the ball, though, especially on a shot that he knew would fall short. I like that.

All in all, I like the guy. I think he'll fit perfectly. He sort of reminds me of (and it's only coincidental that both players are Latin here...) an in between of Oberto and Pau.

Predictions:

About 14 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1 block, .5 steals, 3.5 assists, 4 fouls per game.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

seen quite a few games of scola over the years via olympic, world champs and euroleague, the guy will help, he finds open players really well and has improved his shooting range, his energy and hustle are great, although suspect he could have some foul trouble and maybe for that reason Hayes or another will start

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I appreciate the videos, Realjad, but it looks like you're using Windows Movie Maker. As someone who makes videos now and again, I suggest you ditch it and never look back. It's almost impossible to work with because it's buggy as hell and always crashes. I have 2gigs of RAM and I can hardly operate it without locking it up.

I use Sony Vegas 6.0c now, which is light years beyond WMM without being too much more difficult, especially if you're doing simple trimming. I won't tell you where to find it, but let's just say that you don't have to pay for it if you look hard enough.

9. WildSweet&Cool

I have to say...

In this clip, one thing really stood out to me about him: He does a VERY poor job of protecting the ball.

I see him face a defender and pivot, bring the ball IN FRONT of him from his right to his left. That won't work in the NBA - if he brings that ball down in front of an NBA defender, they'll slap that ball out of his hands every time.
    Also, when he dribbles into traffic, he seems to dribble with his arm extended very far away from his body. Picture perfect for a defender to come slap it away.

Expect his first season to have a lot of turnovers and a lot of fouls (like any other rookie).

And I don't see how any of those players can play with those illuminated scorer's tables running animated billboards. That's really distracting.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Thanks for the tip, I think I know what your talking about, I'm sure I can get a really good deal on it :D

I'm about to post my final scout video thread blowout, I redid these two games here.. Trust me, all four videos I did in this next one rule, also for your guys who cant tell whos who I have a high quality download link to one of them.. For now on I'm talking CCR's advice and ditching wmm and going with his sony vegas :cool:

If you see this Clutch then please lock this thread up as it's really no use now.