1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola considering two offers from Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ArtisGilmore, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/07/luis-scola-considering-two-offers-from.html

Now this is a random blog, but the blog cites its sources, which are in Spanish and Greek, which I can't read.

Of course, the Rockets don't have the ability to match offers from Europe even though Scola is a RFA. This is how Josh Childress left. They will hold his RFA rights if/when he would return in such a scenario, but somehow I'd imagine that's small consolation for losing Scola for nothing.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Hopefully his agent gives us the chance to match before he takes any deal.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

credibility = 0

scola isn't considering offers from those teams. maybe if they had direct quotes from scola saying he was considering euro teams then i would care. this blog is worthless. they already said one of the teams reported to have interest is denying having interest.

lock it up.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

robbie,

I disagree, this is Scola's last big pay day, and he has been underpaid for the last 2 seasons at least.

He is looking to get paid, and probably should be......

I hope the Rockets make him a fair offer, in the $8-$10 million a year range, he deserves it.

DD

5. Zfan

Zfan Member

Come on this man is an Euro MVP. Europe teams will certainly pay Scola maximum. Those rumours maybe fake but guessing may make sense.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

you actually didn't disagree with anything he said. you didn't even address his comments at all??

7. rocketsmetalspd

This is true value for Scola 8 to 10 million with 10 being the max is right on target. I hope he does stay with the team. I am sure he will be signing soon since the FIBA world championship games are coming up in late August.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i doubt scola leaves the guy has played in europe for years wanting to come to the NBA for such a long time but the spurs never let him and now that he has come and played and played well in the NBA he is going to go back to europe?

doesnt make sense i think players from overseas being brought up in a different culture tend to be a bit more sensible with their money so even if Scola's rookie contract relatively speaking was a lot less he probably spent it wisely and realizes that whatever contract he gets next he'll have more than enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life. Getting a 4/5 year deal with 40 million is more than enough money to live on and live well.

I believe Scola will stay in the NBA I just hope its the Rockets

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was disagreeing with the credibility issue.

DD

10. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

i hope we don't lose him to europe. maybe he would go back because he has more celebrity overseas though

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

If Scola gets an offer that is, say, double what he is offered by the NBA then he'd be a fool not to consider it regardless of the "prestige" of playing in the NBA.

12. scola4

scola4 Member

The Rockets wont let him leave. They may not match the offer sheet for Lowry because he is a backup PG who can probably be replaced. Scola is our starting PF and one of the most important players on the team. I hope ultimately they can keep both though.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

http://www.ole.com.ar/basquet/dia_0_297570301.html

this is the spanish source....

to sum it up:

scola's agent expects an offer from houston tomorrow (today the 14th)...he expects the offer to be a good one and for scola to stay despite receiving interest from the Nets and two Eruopean clubs. Thinks the money the rockets spent to put an ad in the chronicle, stating luis and kyle are part of red nation, will not have been done in vain. They're aware waiting and being patient is part of free agency, it's like a chess match and they get it.

14. vince

vince Member

Agreed! He leaves his heart out there on the court.

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Morey said long ago that he was matching any offer for Lowry and Scola. If Scola goes to Europe, that would suck i guess

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is a complete garbage rumor started by our old buddy Kill_Bill_Pana - which he has actually started on this BBS before.

And guess which poster is getting fooled by it again...even though he's still arguing with this idiot over on SPurstalk

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are the sources bad/incorrect then ?

18. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

10 million a year might be pushin it in my opinion.

scolas great but hes getting old. Id rather work on developing hill and patterson unless we get another piece that makes us a legit contender...then we shoud resign him

19. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

i really do hope we don't trade or get rid of Scola. he is a great big help on our team and a hard player. it would be hard to lose a player of his type. i really do hope that Morey would do the right thing and just sign Scola as soon as possible.

20. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

scola definitely deserves a 10mil per year contract for say 4-5 years. we match that no doubt.

luis just got the starting position handed to him with out having to split time with anyone this year, he is not going back to europe, complete bs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.