1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Scola Calls Out Ginobili & Other Absent Team Mates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LOL. No wonder you love sina's articles so much. You really have the potential to be one of their writers. A little bit of fact, a little bit of opinions, a little bit of speculation and a little bit of imagination, mix them together and report it like the truth.

2. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Please look up the meaning of call or call out. :rolleyes:

If you read between the lines of that FIBA article, you can sense that Luis Scola is serious; as he said it twice:

• "Argentina have to take the best squad possible and there can be no debate about that,"
    • "I repeat: there is no chance of a debate with this issue."
    Basically what he is implying or I should say ordering Ginobili & the other guys is...."Hey guys, no excuse this time. You guys must go to Beijing and defend the title. No debate. Period."

3. scola

scola Member

I don't agree... considering what he has said in the past about this topic, I think this is a message for the ones (the press mainly) who were saying that the players missing in the Americas Tournament shouldn't be called to join the team for the Olympics.

Thats why he says that the best players have to go to Beijing. He has always respected the decision of the other players not to play.

And if this team didn't qualify for the Olympics in the Americas tournament, they would have had another chance next year, in another qualifying tournament. Many of the mising players, before the tourny declared that they would be there if needed.

We will have a full squad for the Olympics. The only doubt is Herrmann, who has said in the past that he is not enjoying basketball and is only taking it as a job, and he wouldn't play with the National Team again... we will see.

4. scola

scola Member

The debate is about playing with the team that qualified in Las Vegas or letting the stars come back.

Is it fair that Quinteros doesn't go to the Olympics when he accepted to play the Americas Tournament and help the team qualify, just because Ginobili decides he wants to be back for the Olympics?

Thats the debate.

But really, there is no debate. Ginobili and the others are playing in China, before the tournament of the Americas they have said they would be available for the Olympics.

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I'm sorry Tinman. Remind us what you post non-stop about again?

6. scola

scola Member

Oh, I forgot. Thanks for the article pryuen.

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

You're welcome. :D

I would like to thank you too for giving me the other side of the picture about the debate in the press/media on whether the absent stars should be allowed to join the national team or not for the 2008 Olympics, since it was Luis Scola and the other not-as-famous Argentine players that had fought like warriors in the FIBA Amercias Championship to win the ticket to Beijing.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ah my favorite troll come to find me, i feel like one of those lord of the rings dudes.

9. longbow111

longbow111 Member

Believe me, no matter who else count, China doesn't belong to this list, and I'm a Chinese fan.

10. JustWannaChill

It is an inappropriate title. No question about it. But I am more curious about your behavior. You act like a kid in a candy store every time something wrong is found in Pryuen's translation and then jump out from your closet to bash him. Pryuen translates or posts newspaper articles here almost every other day. So how hard is it for you to find a mistake once in a while anyway? I really wonder whether Pryuen has stolen your girlfriend or bullied you out of your lunch money in high school or what. Remember I am talking about your track record here, not this thread only. Consistent pattern of past behavior doesn't lie. You seem to be having a very bitter life.

11. Coca Cola Scola

Thanks for translating all these articles Pryuen. There seems to be a ton of articles written about the Rockets more than the Rocket newspapers themselves.

Well, no disrespect to the guys that Scola had to play with this summer, but getting doubled on every possession, he must of been thinking "I need help guys." Even if he doesn't do it publicly, I'm sure privately he's desperately sending out his Bat distress signal to all his Argentinian Super-friends to give him help (Ginolbli, Nocioni, Hermann, Oberto, Pepe, Wokyski (?))

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This is why I like Scola so much! :)

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Dude, this is not an article from sina.... Maybe if you read more, you will start to understand. And one more thing, sina's articles as you put it is a web portal that gather news from all around the world. Go check them out, there is a english portal.

http://english.sina.com/index.html

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Dude are you really serious?! Barring any major injuries the US will win a medal - and it will be GOLD.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

absolutely.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

You're right. Talent doesn't necessarily translate into success. But can you honestly say that we (Team USA) assembled the BEST team possible since 2002? In 2008 Beijing we will have the best team assembled since the original Dream Teams.

17. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

The USA team this year looks focused and united. Even at the beginning of last year's championship, the team looked weak (compared to what I expected). Defense has especially been increased. Barring any screw ups, we got the gold.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can the States win the gold? Absolutely. Will they? I'm not so sure. As has been pointed out, the importance of playing as a team cannot be overstated. There will be some tough teams at the 2008 Olympics. Argentina will be one of them.

19. TheDream34

TheDream34 Member

Winning a gold medal will depend mostly on Kobe's ego, if he defends and not force the issue on offense then Melo, Lebron, and Wade can coexist. Melo is a high percentage shooter and Wade is also when he is consistently driving to the rim and shooting free throws. Lebron is very good finisher on fast breaks and shot the ball well during FIBA America's tourney. Redd is also the perfect player off the bench for this group, as long as he stays consistent with his shot, he can kill the zone and the double teams on Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Melo.

This team does everything well except for maybe team rebounding and thats due to eagerness of the players to quickly run up the court for a fast break. The center player cannot get all the defensive rebounds.

20. Fighting-SF3

Fighting-SF3 Member

Luis Scola's team can only make minor trouble to Dream-8 team at Beijing Olympic game,the final champion,of course,is US,no doubt.