1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc mbah to rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Never. This is Morey. This is the Rockets. :)

DonKnock, slothy420, saleem and 4 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We never got your take on Ne's Instagram post. This Melo saga is like nothing I've ever seen with a trade so publicly out there prior to completion.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

True. I was just more thinking in terms of the remaining off season since we're pretty close to hardcapped and such. I guess there can always be trades. Thanks for cluing us in all the time :)

Codman likes this.
  4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Sometimes, you're forced to take things down. :)

DonKnock and treyk3 like this.
  5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Incredible flexibility and we actually significantly improve our defensive presence across all positions.

Damn shame Beverley won't be part of this run, he would complete this new defensive lineup.

jcmoon and TheMystery008 like this.
  6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I always used to say mbah a moute to my friends in a funny way when we were joking around.

djperm likes this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah, my hard dick after seeing our possible defensive lineups

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. onreego

onreego Member

I don't think you'll be penetrating anything with those lineups. :confused:

Zergling likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

By the way, one of the cooler names in the NBA. Not quite on "God Shammgod" level, but good.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is a great bench pickup.

The Rockets "destroyed" their bench by acquiring CP3.

But they've rebuilt it with savvy FA signings.

Assuming a Melo/Anderson swap of some sort ultimately goes down, DM needs to be targeting a backup true PG... I mean I like Taylor, but not sold on him getting legit regular minutes. He'd get 0 playoff minutes..

CP3
    Harden, Gordon
    Ariza, Tucker, Moute
    Melo, [any of the SFs above]
    Capela, Nene, Tarik

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

missing T. Black at C. They're 3 deep there already

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's Cameroon's minister of Defense. ;)

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Kind of looks like we are loading up on guys who can play the 3-4? Small ball all day?

RudyTBag and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dang, you right. My bad.

What's the deal with Tarik? Caught some of his play last year but not a ton. Probably his best year in the league so far? A legit 15 mpg potential guy now, right?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, a decent filler who does understand his role. i thought he did a decent job especially being a rookie when he was here a couple years ago, but w/ more confidence now. He'll probably get some decent runs with nene rest days in the forecast and w/ cp3 and harden making his job look that much easier

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rocket4Life11 and Easy like this.
  17. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Black averaged 5.1 rebounds per game last season in 16 minutes of play. That’s a far better number compared to the 3.8 which Harrell averaged last year with the Rockets, even though Harrell averaged more minutes that Black. If you want to look at the advanced metrics, Black had a REB% of 16.9% last year, while Harrell only managed to put up 11.1%. Black was loved by fans in Los Angeles for his work ethic, and that was most evident when it came to his rebounding.

When discussing defense, the very first thing that most people will look at is the defensive rating of the player. Black had a DRTG of 105.5, which is respectable. For the case of comparison, his DRTG is equivalent to that of Nerlens Noel, who’s seen by many as an excellent defender.

That skill of Black’s is going to be maximized even more with Houston. Not only does he have James Harden, someone who has had a penchant for throwing lobs ever since his Oklahoma City days, but Black also has Chris Paul by his side. CP3, who made DeAndre Jordan look like a complete monster in the pick and roll game, just so happened to be the mayor of the City that was previously known as Lob.

Black was a great player for Los Angeles. He was a great asset offensively with his ability to run to the rim In Tarik Black, Houston gets someone who not only loves to receive lobs as a rim-runner, but is also a great rebounder. That’s a terrific signing.

Slowly but surely, Houston’s roster is starting to take shape after losing a number of key pieces to get Chris Paul. Black fits nicely as a backup big for the Rockets, who will try to give the Golden State Warriors a run for their money come the playoffs.

Signing grade "A"

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

To further put this in perspective. DMo's best year with us he grabbed only 5.9 rebounds in 29 mpg.

Black is a legit rebounder.

DonKnock, basketballholic and djperm like this.
  19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you optimistic about it going down, still?

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Lic Mah Bootay