1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Is it definite that’s who we play?

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He did make 3 straight free throws at least.

3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Absolutely agree with you, D'Antoni is a great coach and we owe much of our success of the last two seasons to him.

However it's painfully (no pun intended) obvious that the starters/rotation guys are playing way too many minutes in these meaningless games to "get in a rhythm". What is more valuable, rest and guaranteed health, or "rhythm"? I guess we'll find out.

One last thing: can you imagine if it was Harden that had been injured?

kjayp likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Luc could be back sooner that people think . I think we held him out a lot longer that we needed to last time .

Pop that sucker back in and he's good to go .

I bet he will available halfway through the first round .

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

2 meaningless games left and this happens. What a joke.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Luc was at best our fifth most impactful player. Tuck has been with us more and that would also rank him above Ariza who people are forgetting because he's been shooting terribly lately. We lose a lot of depth in matchups but other teams are going through the same ish.

I'd be more angry at mda if a dunk didn't do him in. Seemed like a freak injury time bomb to me. Wish he knew his limitation and layed it up

7. aroundtheblock2

Luc would have dislocated his shoulder at some point anyways. That dunk was nothing crazy and would not have dislocated the shoulder of any other guy on our team if I had to guess. Its the same shoulder Luc dislocated earlier in the year and its clear theres an issue with the tendons.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

If we do play the T-Wolves...Luc would've been our ace Jimmy Butler defender. I think PJ is too slow and Ariza too skinny.

9. macan

macan Member

can we transfer luc's defensive power to GG plz

Mazulis likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure he'll be back by the WCF - why not? if he dislocates it again he has all summer to recover or have surgery.

HTX Ninja and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Is this something you can hit with prp injections?

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I assume the first time he had no reason to rush but if he needed to play he will be there so expect him back soon

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He probably could've come back a week earlier. I got the impression the Rockets were being cautious with him back in January. They've done that all year with injured players. Ariza, EG, and CP3 all sat out longer than they probably needed to with various injuries. Ironically the one person who rushed back was Harden from that hamstring. My guess is the medical staff wanted him to wait and he said hell no.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Pop it back in and ice it. He will be back for meaningful playoffs. No more dunks, Luc.

Rox11 likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Sucks bad but stuff happens and hopefully he'll be back sometime during the playoffs. I don't understand where people get the idea that rest gives guys magical injury armor. Even if the Rockets were in total rest mode, there's a chance something like this happens and he's one of the guys who would still be playing in a rest game. Luc is one of my favorite players but the Rockets ought to be able to suck it up and manage without him or they were never real contenders to begin with. You can't say the same about Harden, Paul, or Capela - they're the guys that need to be protected.

RocketWalta likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

so glad that MDA is keeping our guys sharp for the playoffs... nothin like losing a rotational player in a meaningless game... while inconsequential guys just sit on the bench twiddling their fingers...

vonwafer likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The hack across his arm by a scrub did it

Rocket River

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

As long as he is back for the WCF. Prays....

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

2nd was way less traumatic than the 1st. I bet he’ll be back sooner and can play effectively but will need surgery in the offseason. Just go out there and defend, maybe shoot a 3.

bulkatron likes this.