1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LP Broadband Issues?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by withmustard, Oct 22, 2016.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Is anybody else having serious issues with their League Pass Broadband? I hate the new setup. First off, it hasn't been airing, just loading and never playing. Even worse, now they show the score before you load it. I like to watch the games late at night when I get home from work and it ruins everything if I know the score. Also, now I can't skip commercials.

Has anybody else had these issues or found a way around them? LP has been one of my favorite products over the last 5 years, but honestly I don't even want it if it's going to reveal the score before each game and force me to watch commercials on a game that ended hours before I'm watching. I'm not just complaining, I'm hoping someone can help care about this season because I'm really turned off.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's absolutely god-awful so far. I downloaded the new PS4 app they're using this season and it's infinitely worse than last year's app. It has no rewind feature so you're stuck watching it live. It buffers every 2 minutes which quickly adds up causing you to be minutes behind at least. And to top it off, while it buffers, they show the updated score at the top which is extremely annoying.

withmustard likes this.
  3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for letting me know it's not just me. Do you see the score of games before playing them? I rarely am able to watch games live and don't want every game this season to be spoiled.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sucks for me too. If it isn't fixed soon I'm jumping ship

withmustard likes this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

To which ship?

6. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Ballstreams?

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, they show up in the opening menu (on the PS4 app), but I think there is an option to hide the scores actually. My main issue is the quality of the stream and no ability to rewind.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Didn't they die like last year?

9. imaginedragons

anyone knows how to download LP games off the stream? at least when you download, you can watch stutter free and buffer free later on. thanks in advance

10. sew

sew Member

You can turn the scores off if you don't want spoilers.

But yeah -- LP has been absolute **** so far this season. Hoping a lot of the issues go away after the free trial ends.

Going from using MLB At Bat all summer to this disaster has been maddening.

11. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I am so pissed, paid for league pass and nowadays i am getting sorry the page you requested wasnt found.
    Even now when i am trying to watch Houston vs muck the Favs

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Logged in just to find this thread and complain. The first half was an abomination from a quality standpoint on the PS4 League Pass app. The thing buffered idk how many times during the first half. It's unwatchable. Even when it wasn't buffering, the quality wildly fluctuated throughout. To top it off, every time it buffers, the stupid scoreboard comes down from the top of the image. The damn thing must have come down 100 times. It even comes down at the slightest buffer that doesn't even pause the picture.

There were a handful of games on last year's app that featured excessive buffering, but the vast majority of the time, the whole game would play without a single buffer. I'm getting over 100mbs download speed, there's no way in hell this is on my end. Oh and to top it off they took away the rewind capability which I used extensively last season if I missed the first part of the game.

Oh well, sucks when the "update" ends up being a massively worse product. If this doesn't improve by the end of the season, I will most certainly not purchase again.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

League Pass has a double play issue in it's recap viewing. I hate it. It's like they play certain instances twice and makes the replay games unbearable. I'm glad it's just a trial and I didn't pay no $200 or less.

14. what

what Member

On the one hand, league pass, in terms of getting the game to play: horrendous. I have been bouncing back and forth between Edge and Chrome, when one doesn't work, I go to the other. The other thing I don't like is that I can't seem to get league pass "live", I'm dragging probably at least a minute and a half behind, maybe more.

On the other hand, the quality of the feed has been a lot better than in years past. It is approaching 1080p, which is awesome.

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

How? I called customer service and they said it can't be done. I'm just streaming on my laptop. They said they've gotten a lot of complaints. This product is real debacle. League pass was an amazing product, now I hate it.

16. what

what Member

If you download the app, you can do it. From the app itself. If you just go to nba.com then there is no way to do it. Which actually reminds me of something, I can download the app to my computer and i bet it is better than trying to stream it from the website itself. In fact, I tried it in the preseason, and it was a lot better than going to nba.com.

Maybe this is the solution everybody is looking for. Download the app.

Sorry, I just checked, the game time app isn't on windows 10. It is mobile devices and roku player (I know it works on roku, because I have a roku tv and the game time app is there)

#16 what, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    withmustard likes this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Good try though

18. sew

sew Member

I also mainly stream on my laptop. There's an option right above where they list the games.

[​IMG]

withmustard likes this.
  19. what

what Member

Got a solution!!!!! Tried it and it works:

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I've been using firestick w/kodi.
    Recently found a sports app with Reddit streams. Not the best quality but will get the job done for now.