1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. PACINO

PACINO Member

I think lowry is a potential player though we'll take the risk of losing a excellent pg.I believe everything will be ok
    :D

2. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Are you r****ded? the dudes been here 4 years longer than you and asked a legit question? have fun staying a rookie moron. You might want to write proper english before commenting that someone else can't understand it.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Lowry did ok considering he didn't know anything about the Rockets system. I'm happy to have him! :D

4. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

He made 2 passes to Yao thinking that he saw Rudy Gay. Like usual Yao turned the ball over on both possesions.

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

He learned to never pass the ball to Chuck

6. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

He will learn his teammates, their sweet spots and where not to give them the ball. Don't throw anything low to Yao and Chuck Hayes is wide open for a reason. ;)

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

lowry played well i think for just having one walk through with the team. I think some of the TOs he had last night had more to do with the new team and environment than him making bone-headed players.

Heck the first two passes Rafer threw last night were TOs, and he is a veteran and has played on different teams.

Lowry will be fine he will realize that this team is not the grizzlies and while he can push it and run that he isn't going to be throwing those lobs up to Gay and Warrick anymore like that.

he is going to be ok.

Oh a HUGE bonus for him (Cook too, but I don't see Cook seeing the floor realistically) is that the rockets came out of the all-star break with 5 games at home. Of course he wasn't part of the team for the first one but these last four will allow him to get settled into the city of Houston quicker AND more importantly can get a lot of practice time in with the team and familiarity with the players.

It would be much more difficult for him to adjust had the trade been made when the rockets were on a road trip.

didnt play too many minutes but I liked what I saw last night from him.

8. kshppatel

kshppatel Member

I am not really upset at Lowry for that breaking pass to Yao simply because its his first game and he is learning what his teammates can and cannot do. Itll take time, but he will learn that a high pass into the post is the best pass for Yao.

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Lowry played well, beyound my expectations for his first game. His driving skills are amazing; he fits well as a phycal point guard that can play against biggers one that will eat Brooks alive.

He made two very obvious mistakes this game:
    1. Passing to Hayes on the offense in the paint (even Hayes looked kinda surprised and tried a baby sky hook, we all know how that went).
    2. Lobing to Yao on a fast break, with two people chasing Yao.

He will learn to not make mistakes like this next time.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wrong........honestly...I don't see how people aren't happy with the trade...

the only part I hate about it is how we got Brian "pie muncher" Cook...couldn't we just chuck luther in the trade and get an exp or something that can allow us to sign a FA in the summer?

11. FlexKavana2009

good prospect

i like him

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was proud of that... and, of course, pissed when the call was a charge.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Orlando is above the salary cap, there is no trade exception than be created.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm happy with it, dont get me wrong. But I am concerned. There was a little bit of a funk when the Mavs started getting scrappy, like Aaron wasn't sure how to calm the team down and run the offense smoothly. I was a little worried that Aaron might not be mentally ready for the starting job, despite what he had shown earlier in the game... then he hit those dagger threes and proved me wrong.

Still, I'm going worry about our team in crunch time for the next few weeks. Its not like Rafer was a high percentage shooter but I trusted him to make decent decisions, at least. I would still make the trade, but that's the risk.