1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry Injury Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Jan 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's long enough that we could be in real trouble if Conroy doesn't step up. Good news, though.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He likes to penetrate and dish quickly. His jumper is weak. He takes time to get his feet set before shooting. He can help. He is a better passer than Brooks,perhaps Lowry as well.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I remember his passing ability was supposed to be pretty good, maybe that will lead to some easy buckets for Landry / Ariza, etc.

Lowry is a great passer though, and his fearless drives to the hoop are part of what makes it so tough to keep him under control.

This is Conroy's chance to prove he's got NBA talent.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he'll ever get a better chance than the one sitting right in front of him today. Should be interesting to watch.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Two weeks. WOW!! 5 games to get a look at Conroy, All Star Break, then 2 games to display Lowry before he is traded. Wow! Wow! Wow!

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This is all I want him to do. Penetrate, get to the FT line.

AB will take care of the rest.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's never good for humans to be in the presence of the undead, even well-meaning ones like Juwan Howard and Dikembe Mutombo.

8. realmustang

realmustang Member

Dude get over it. Why do you insist on bashing him every change you get? He's gone so drop it already. :mad:

9. realmustang

realmustang Member

Why not Yao? He's injured justs as much. Actually even more. :mad:

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good news. Thanks.

Lowry epitomizes the spirit of the great Olajuwonm = never quit!

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can pass well but I don't expect him to get to the FT line much. Lowry and Brooks are far better at finishing around the basket than him. That doesn't mean he will shy away from contact. His speed is less than theirs,but he can run well in the open court.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If I am a GM willing to trade with the Rockets, I would ask for either Lowry or Brooks in my package deal with the Rockets.

We are fortunate to have both of these PGs. They are much better than they are given credit to.

13. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

gosh guys, lowry isnt being traded. Watch RA, he is always patting lowry on the butt and pumping his fists everytime lowry does something good. He is coaches pet. If 1 gets traded its brooks, but not this year , only right before his contract is up, i think next year. Instead of resigning him to 10mil+ we may balk and decide to trade him next year. I say trade brooks now for Rubio, because we have lowry to fill in nicely for brooks just in case rubio never comes over. If rubio does come over ,then we have our sg or tall pg since battier will be gone and taylor I guess isnt cutting it and ariza might never shoot well.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Morey seems to have a special affinity towards him as well. He's got all the attributes the Rockets like:

- young
    - plays hard
    - fills up the "advanced" box score
    - gets the team running in transition

15. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Because he's not soft.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry saw himself in trade rumors, then betrayed the organization by taking himself out of the linup for two weeks. Just classless. ;)

On a serious note, this will be a good chance to see Conroy (I would assume). Unless Rick decides to be stubborn and give brooks 45 min/game.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Conroy's game to me was vanilla as you'd expect of a D-league journeyman, though adequate enough for a backup point guard role. Moochie Norris level at least.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Jermaine Taylor Time! :(

Right now would be a good time to get a look at Conroy, Taylor and maybe another D-Leaguer like Antonio Anderson.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow two weeks.........that sucks!!, Lowry is my Fav. Player, its gonna be tough not seeing him out there..

--RB

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see how Will Conroy plays as the backup PG, I don't remember a lot of his game, but hopefully he can at least get off a mid range jumper.