1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love Him or Hate Him, You Still Have to Support Him as long as He is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Pointless thread

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The point of this thread is to unite everyone. We have an awesome basketball team and all these negativity will just lead to bad vibes and karma. Why can't we just simply enjoy the game of basketball?

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Because there's no basketball to watch.

Which is why there's so many "Lin is this, Lin is that" thread. I'm just rooting for Lin to work hard to prove his doubters wrong next year. It can only make the team better.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

When Lin is traded I will love him.

5. seahawk

seahawk Member

Love the intention of the thread, but it won't work.

It will only end when Lin is traded or is not a Rockets anymore.

6. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

thanks for starting a hate thread OP

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I love Jeremy Lin. He's everything you want from a basketball player on non-basketball related stuff. And I want him to succeed as much as anyone who has ever donned the Rockets uniform, actually more so than most.

But liking a player and making an opinion of how he plays are unrelated matters. I also liked Rafer. He was not a headcase, generally played within himself, and was a professional overall. But I still was pissed that he wasn't any good. And was happy when he got traded for Lowry, simply a better player with more potential.

Being critical of a player's play does not mean hating a player. Just like I disliked Lowry towards the end of his Rockets career, didn't mean I couldn't recognize how well he played on the court. They're different matters in general.

1 person likes this.
  8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Most people realize there's no good reason to hate Jeremy Lin. He does his best, loves his team and doesn't play dirty. The people who hate him mostly either 1) don't like his fans or 2) don't understand the "hype"... neither of which has anything to do with Lin himself. A lot of the hype comes from other reasons why fans love him; his faith, his story, character, charisma etc... but haters misinterpret this attention and attribute it solely to his game, which in turn makes them angry and defensive. Hence all the excessive rants about how he's no good, shooting sucks, doesn't belong and so forth.

1 person likes this.
  9. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

@CertifiedTroll, did you just showed everyone your family photo?

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

what is an ABJ?

11. Curupira

Curupira Member

Maybe some people "hate" him because he sucks?

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'm willing to give him until the all-start break. hopefully all the work he's put in during the offseason pays off.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Anyone but Jeremy'

14. conquistador#11

the kid has the skills to become a really good point guard. He can drop 30 on you on any given night, then the following night drop 8 pts with 6 t.os. But those are the growing pains of a first year starter, gogi and lowry both had long stretches like that this season and they're older.

He is going to be successful wherever he is. such a shame the game day thread garm knee jerkers are the most vocal. God forbid dwight misses fts and costs us a couple of games, those guys are going to be out swinging.

We're going to shatter my prediction of 1.2 lin threads a day til november. yikes.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

gotcha, thanks. thought it had to do with aaron brooks or something haha

16. bloop

bloop Member

Keep in mind that after the Howard signing quit a few folks came around to look at the site and look at the Rockets in general from around the country.

Having multiple Lin threads on the front page every single day makes y'all look like this entire site is all rednecks and red Chinese fighting it out. Have your fun but not exactly a good look.

I don't know maybe that's the point, a big "you are not welcome" mat on the porch.

17. ada32

ada32 Member

Thanks for posting this picture. CertifiedTroll, are you the one in the middle. You look so cute!

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Unfortunately I actually agree with this. Imagine when Lin has a bad game...

Going to be fun :grin:

1 person likes this.
  19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Like I said, there's no good reason. There are lots of players in the league who are worse than Lin is. Do you hate all of them too? Probably not. In any case, it shouldn't warrant the kind of constant animosity he's getting. Rather than celebrating how the Rockets are further along than expected (in large part because of Lin) everyone's now ambitious and out for blood.

20. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I was going to respond, but then I saw your username. Whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.