1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love and Harden on the ESPN replay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Dec 26, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I would love Love but it would be stupid to give up Parsons to get Love

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Parsons is my favorite player right now. That said, he can be replaced. If you have a chance to get an elite player, you take it. If we have to trade every player outside of Harden, we do it.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

We have capspace to absorb his salary straight up, thanks not paying guys Parsons more than their contract ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I disagree here. But even assuming Asik is more important to winning, he's easier to replace than Love. You can find someone like Asik later in the draft, ala Jordan, Gasol, Asik himself, Hibbert, etc. Or through trade like a Gortat. Or through FA like Hickson.

Short of a top-5 pick or a disgruntled player, players like Love never leave their team.

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

this... we already have the best center rebounder in the league add the best PF rebounder....:eek:

this... his style of play works perfectly for what has made us so successful these last 5 games.

....and this....no comment needed.

I am very opinionated but you guys said better than I could...
    Think about why morris who has less overall skill then patterson, and worse defense ( I have heard both morey and mchale/sampson say that patterson and asik are the most intelligent defenders on the team) but yet we do better.

Its because morris is slightly better at spacing the floor.....Love would literally create a wide open lane for harden and lin to plow through....

Call me crazy but I think the offense we are running...if you added love. Your talking about about a top team in the west and legitimately has a chance to contend for a title.

6. megastahr

Yah but james harden has enough black for the rest of the team...look at that beard...I do think this is the only group of players that could conceivably win a title without a black starting sf, pf, c.... cant really think of another group of guys at those positions that I could justify it....:grin:

7. megastahr

Exactly...but were no downgrading the defense by adding love...your increasing it...over morris...plus dynamically increasing rebounding (thats offense and defense)...and dramatically increasing the offense.

We are the best offense team in the nba...now...add love...I mean your looking at historic consideration.

8. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Like I said I like Kevin Love he's been on my fantasy team every year but guy u are overrating his defense..he is a horrible defender..Mook is better on defense..Love is like scola on defense..his offense just makes up for it but to say he's a better defender than Morris is not right..the rockets have the highest scoring average in the league but they are far from the best offense in the nba

9. megastahr

Ok I may be breaking it down to too simple of terms...but in my mind the team that scores the most points per game over a large sample size has the best total offense in the game.

I didnt say they are the best team.... but if they put up more points then every team in the league in my opinion they are the best offense.

Everything I have read is that morris is a bad too mediocre team defender... and an average one on one defender...love me be a bad one on one defender but I have read a lot that he his an excellent team defender which is more important for what we do...

Not to mention 12-14 rebounds per game to Morris 4-5? I am not sure what the math is on the point differential between those two numbers...but your talking that many less possessions for the other offense and that many more possessions for your offense.... in a sense that is a very important defensive help.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Since when is Asik white?

:cool:

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Well I just don't think the rockets have the best scoring offense..yeah they are the highest scoring team but there are teams that are better at it..ive watched plenty of twolves games they play no defense..Love is not a good team defender or defender at all..he's a great offensive player and rebounder but if he's having a off night scoring he becomes a liability

12. megastahr

well I cant really argue this one cause I havent seen that many twolves games...and none this year.

But I will say for what we do rebounding and team defense is way more important then being elite one on one defending... this team basically keeps people out of the paint lets them shoot jumpers then runs the fast break when they miss or make it really...we just flat our wear out our opponents.

Love would make our offense all but unstoppable. Not because the individual parts of the team are the best....but because the style we play love would allow it to run to near perfection.

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Yeah no doubt I see where your coming from..and Love would make any team better..he would be great in rocket red..If the rockets got him then that would be great but i don't know if love has that killer instinct which is what Harden has..the rockets need another guy like that

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah. I would do anything for Love, but I won't do that.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. megastahr

on that note...i love rockets having james harden...that is all.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You guys can't be serious with this mess.

First Marcus sucks at defense and can't play worth a lick in the starting 5. Now he's doing a great job at stretching the court because of his perimeter game.... but then again he's going to be replaced by PPatt because he plays no defense... this board really needs to make up it's mind on whether you guys think Morris can defend or not.

This is pretty much an insult to Love's game. I understand he's not an all-defensive player but to make it seem like Morris a 2nd year player is that much better than Love on defense is ridiculous.

And yes Love's offense makes up a million times over what defense he'd provide his team.

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

First of all I never said anything about Morris on this board...And its not an insult to Love..Love can't play defense ask any twolve fan...so since he's a second year player he can't play better defense get out of here..So I guess anthony Davis defense being better than Love's is also an insult since he's a rookie

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I thought Marcus played good defense on Zach Randolf the other night.

Starting PF should be a good defender. There are so many great PFs in the league that he'll be playing against.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Regarding the comment on Morris that was directed to the entire board. Yes everyone's main knock on him since he's been in the league has been regarding his defensive output, hence the reason he spent the majority of his first year in the D-League.

As far as your comment on his defense being better than Love's, yes it's a complete insult considering you are comparing a 4 year veteran's defense to a player coming off his rookie season in which he wasn't even playing in the majors. A hybrid that was inititially playing out of position and trying to learn the NBA game at the same time.

Also, you're comparing a guy now (Anthony Davis) who's defense is obviously his strong suit coming into the league, unlike Marcus Morris who was drafted based on his offensive skill set. So no to answer your question, it's not an insult to say Anthony's D is better than Love's even now, cause that's what he specializes in even as a rookie player.