1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love and Harden on the ESPN replay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Dec 26, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Love wants to be respected, where better to go than the guy who passed on OJ Mayo and Russell Westbrook to get him? With McHale and Harden, I can certainly see Love trying to get traded to the Rockets.

That said, as for the pieces necessary to get him, I think that will take a year to come up with. Perhaps Morris get traded for a pick. Greg Smith gets traded for pick. Motiejunas looking awesome. Asik continues to blow up. And you might get Asik + DMo + 1st rounders for Love at next year's trade deadline.

You just know Morey's already planning on gathering the pieces for his next big trade.

2. trowa2

trowa2 Member

wait i meant to say we will have to spend a lot to get klove, so our team might not be as good of a team than before.... at least thats what i think he meant :eek::eek:

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

With the way Asiks been contributing on both ends of the court, I wouldn't trade him for love straight up...loves a great offensive player but we need Asiks defends more

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK...I'm still confused.

Are you saying getting "klove" might make us worse? "our team might not be as good of a team than before"

Or is that what you thought he meant??

5. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sorry for jumping. I don't think we would be a better team in the next few years if we trade for Love. I don't think he is worth Asik and that Minnesota would want Morris, Lin, or Patterson. IMO that only leaves Parsons on the table. I would rather take my chances with Parsons' growth.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Timberwolves fans seem to hate him over there. They keep talking about how he doesn't play defense and he is absent most games. It maybe knee jerk because of the loss but it looks like they don't want him there.

7. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Well he has been playing like crap this entire season. He's shown that, when healthy, he's a dangerous double-double threat every game, so I think his season woes really undervalues him as a player. It's not like he's getting old or has a history of injuries. It's just one bad year.

8. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I saw a post there a while ago " he talks like a superstar but plays like s***" cant find the link though

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

With all of this trade talk, you would think he was lighting it up this season. They seem to be disgusted with him. One thing is for sure this trade will not go down for a long while, Morey will not trade for a 22% three point shooter who doesn't play defense. He will wait it out to see if Love gets better.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Gut feeling here... Kevin Love in Houston, either via a trade (short term) or by signing a contract here (long term).

Harden and him seem to be really good friends and Harden also said "I have started the recruitment process" to bring another superstar in Houston (not Love specifically). He knows how the league works, and he's ready to pitch the team and city to other players.
    Just a gut feeling that he'll end up here somehow. Team USA is where it all starts...

[​IMG]
    Fear The BeardS

The team probably won't look like this in the future (personally I'm no Lin fan, outside of the $$$ and exposure he gives the team), but imagine:

Lin (24y. old)
    Harden (23y. old)
    Parsons (24y. old)
    Love (24y. old)
    Asik (26. old), though (132y. old in Turkish calendar)

That is a solid, solid starting 5. Also an average of 24.2 years old...

11. radd

radd Member

Trading for love is right up morey's alley of buying low and selling high. Listen klove is playing like crap this year but he's only 24 and if the wolves are dumb enough to give up on him now and not let him play/train himself back from hand surgery then we should take advantage of that.

Still I am not sure we really should be making this trade as we would likely need to package parsons and some of the young studs like dmo and smith to get him. Instead our best option is to play the free agent market in the summer. We have the cap room and if we keep playing like this a lot of guys will want to play here.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets would be the first team to win a nba championship without its starting center or power forward being black.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

the way he played last night not sure I would give up Carlos Delfino for him let alone Parsons...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

yall do know they played in the olympics together...this site blows everything out of you know what

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

LMA has a better chance being here than Love. Minny will not sell Love cheap, especially to Houston with Adelman as former employee and being Western Conference foe. LMA has a better post-up game than Love and I don't like Love shooting from 3s, he isn't a decent 3pt shooter (22% this year).

16. Nook

Nook Member

LMA is NOT a better fit for the Rockets than Love. The Rockets want hybrid 4's that stretch the defense, rebound well, pass well and run the floor well. Love does all those things better than LMA.

The last few years have shown what a motivated Love can do. His defense is adequate (Asik can cover some flaws) and Love is a better team defender than folks think. Regardless 26/15 a game is just insane.

17. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Houston doesn't need offense. This team scores more than any other team. Would rather get a good defensive player.

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Why do people judge Love by his stats early in this season and why do they judge him by the way he played last night? The guy is coming of a wrist injury and he'll need time to get back to his old self.
    Many of you quickly forget his monstrous last 2 seasons and that he absolutely torched us last year.

(actually, I see that the older members here are all in for Love, but only the 2012'ers don't want him. How surprising, indeed)

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Count me in. Love would be PERFECT for this team.:)

20. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Solid is an understatement. With that starting line-up the expectations should be a top 4 seed and perennial placement in the WCF or bust.

The problem is keeping that line-up intact if we were to land Kevin Love.