1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love and Harden on the ESPN replay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Dec 26, 2012.

1. rocketblood713

Mna if Houston got Love this team would tough !

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Defense?

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Man I didn't even notice but you included loves rookie year in there when he's playing limited minutes going up against LA in his third year. Man take out that rookie year, love is right there with LA, take out his sophomore year he's crushing LA. Love is younger and in the up. LA's health is getting questionable and you can see he's on the wrong side of the trend in these stats you posted.

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yes all around a better player than LA IMO. What he lacks in D he more than makes up elsewhere.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Im a big fan of Kevin Love..But I would rather have Aldridge

7. thekad

thekad Member

Best case scenario:

Unless things get really bad in Minnesota, the soonest I can see a Love trade going down is the 2014/15 (at the deadline), when he'll be on the last year of his contract before he can opt out and possibly unhappy with the Wolves' prospects for contending, and Kahn. At that point - midseason, last year of contract, disgruntled - it's possible Morey could have amassed enough assets to trade for Love while keeping the Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik starting core intact.

Perhaps something like an improved Motiejunas, an improved Marcus Morris, an improved Greg Smith, our 2014 rookie, a 2015 pick, and a 2017 pick would get it done. For comparison Carmelo, a more renowned player, netted Gallinari, Felton, Chandler and one first rounder. Denver also gave up Chauncey Billups.

Even while sacrificing a lot of depth, the Rockets would still have Terrence Jones, Royce White (lol), and the rights to Llull to play with while having two top 10 players and Asik.

But none of this will happen.

8. Asian Sensation

chucker?? Being able to shoot and make 3's makes you a "chucker" now? He's one of the top 5 post players in the league and maybe even the best. I'd like to see him focus in the paint and beast inside more cause thats what he's great at but he's hardly a chucker.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Look...did you see his beard?

I hope he keeps it...I could see the marketing now...

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm actually pretty confident that Kevin loves first choice is in fact our Houston rockets. Now obviously this is just speculation but him and harden our really good Friends and then you throw in the fact that harden is blowing up into a top 5 player in the game. It just makes to much sense, both harden and love know that it's a match made in heaven love can run pick and roll with harden and Lin on either side of the court, he would get open looks all day. He would turn into a (hate to say this) Karl Malone type player. It's really too good to be true because love would still be able to put up superstar stats and be 1b to harden without the responsibility of taking over the game late. Then you throw in asik to cover up his defense short comings and you got maybe the 2nd best front court in the league after gasol/Randolph with the potential to be the best. Then throw in Lin who is team first and the media darling, love would get the Rubio factor 10x. Plus identical play, great team players that can't hit 3s, Lins actually way better at shooting than Rubio. I'm sure parsons would have to go along with tjones and prob dmo but I can live with that cause I actually think Morris would fit in very well with that team as the staring sf he moves well without the ball and can hit the open 3.

Lin
    Harden
    Morris
    Love
    Asik

That's a contender right there I'm confident that we could push okc to the limit yr in and yr out to go to the finals. We would need a bench but that's Moreys specialty. I'm so excited because I'm sure this is Moreys plan I wouldn't be surprised if this deal takes off sooner than expected. Sort of like the dwill trade to Brooklyn it was very sudden and unexpected, small market teams can't wait around till the yr of free agency because then the player has all the leverage. It's know secret that minn and love don't see eye to eye and I guarantee love wants out. As good as Rubio is and will be a team of him and Rubio as the core won't ever be better than a 6th seed. Honestly a Lin/love pairing would be better because of Lins scoring but then add superstar harden and do it all center asik and you got yourself a potential 1 or 2 seed in the west every damn yr. get it done morey were hungry down here in Houston remember know body thought we could have traded for tmac the yr before it happend. Then Yao happened and it became reality, well harden just happened and now if your lucky you can play on his team and Kevin love is the chosen one in my mind. I think he's Moreys number one target wot everyone else very distant.

1 person likes this.
  11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Can Love set a pick like Asik?
    Can he run the floor like Morris?
    At 0-7 from the three point stripe can he space the floor like Morris?

Just sayin.
    We all celebrate Harden, and we should, but lets not forget Asik's killer pics,
    and that our three point shooters, Lin, Parsons, Delfino, all had been hitting so no one came off them.

And I'd be down with some Love.
    the rebounding would be insane.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Might as well face it:

[​IMG]

#52 Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jvHKjDKY_O8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. trowa2

trowa2 Member

when i said LMA is a better player than klove, i didnt mean LMA can do everything better than klove, but overall better player. klove can score and rebound extremely well, but i just cant call him a complete player. a complete player is at least above average on everything. LMA is above average on everything you can ask from a power foward, even if he never averaged 25+ ppg or 15+ rpg like klove.

the top playoff teams' coaches exploit weaknesses, I will take my chance with a player that is (O:A- D:A- R:A-) over someone that is (O:A D:F R:A++++)

15. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Love is a slightly overall better player than Parsons. He has superior offense and rebounding but Parsons' defense is better. Parsons is also a younger player. Considering we would have to at least use him as a centerpiece for a trade plus the remaining 10+ million in players we would have to give up, I would not trade for Love. I don't think Minnesota would be interested in what Morey (IMO) is willing to give. Short of draft pics, backups, and any power forward we have, I would not make the trade.

What are the monetary values of draft pics when matching salaries?

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

g r e a t

Now, I'm not going to get that song out of my head.

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Does anyone have a video of it for those of us who missed it?

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

[​IMG]

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i think he meant that parsons will be included in the package if we do get klove, and the cost of getting klove is not worth the benefit

20. jvu

jvu Member

Lol I see your point... But love >>> parsons