1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lou Williams traded to Rockets for Corey Brewer, first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raz, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

If anything his value went down. Expiring and once again sucked in the playoffs.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sounds fair.

Remind me as to the rules of trading him before the end of the NBA calendar year. Can he be trade for an expiring contract that expires this season still? I think the answer is no - teams can make trades once their season ends, but can't trade players whose contracts are ending or have ETOs.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Deceptively athletic players are bargain assets.

/moreyball101

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saw "Lou Williams traded..." on the BBS homepage. Thought he was traded. Ha, nooooope. [​IMG]

5. alethios

alethios Member

Paging BimaThug...

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry :p

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Holy **** I just saw this thread and I thought we traded Lou back for Corey sewer!

J.R. likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

chill the **** out guys. we traded a first rounder for him. we cant just let him go or trade him cor crap. he's a good regular season player and the okc sereis wasnt a fluke, he turned a corner and now he's good against non-contender playoff teams. they were a good defensive team btw so that makes his series legit. the spurs have the best defense in the league and rockets decided to start playing their brand of basketball against them so no surprise lou sucked there.

he def should be traded but if they cant get a good trade for him in the offseason, then wait till jan/feb when his value is highest.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We gave up a 1st to get rid of Brewer's contract and get a player that we could use and later trade for asset instead of giving up asset.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

??? thats basically what i just said

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey, awesome. We traded Corey Brewer again.

Little Bit and RocketsTerps like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't believe what I am reading on here. As a 7th man, this guy saved our collective asses multiple times in the playoffs. In limited minutes with limited and awkward touches.

No way I am dealing his 7 million dollar contract. HECK no.

HR Dept and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

13 points off the bench in 25 minutes, as a 7th man is "sucked"? .528 TS%?

Pass the reefer Rafer.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

this makes no sense. one of the bigger reasons hou was able to get pass okc as well.

15. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Also, let's not forget Egos injury history. I'm not religious, but I go to various churches to pray that he stays healthy. It's very comforting have Lou as backup.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

You obviously stopped watching the playoffs after the thunder series.
    His defense was atrocious against the spurs ...and so was his offense. He isnt a bad player at all, but he is arguably our best asset right now, and we need 2 way players to compete aginst the elite teams. We have one way offensive players in ryno and harden and lou doesent bring anything to the table that EG cant bring so i think hes more of a luxury then a necessity.
    If he is part of a deal to bring in a better talent you have to do it , but by no means do i agree to just trade him no matter what.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I'm not sure I disagree with anything you say here, except for your claim that I didn't watch the Spurs series. Obviously, If you can get a huge talent upgrade you trade anyone outside of James Harden. With Eric Gordon/Patrick Beverley's significant injury history, I would be hesitant to give up the 14th best scorer in the NBA per minute, when he makes a measly 7 million a year. HECK NO. Also, you aren't getting much for him at his age, and also considering the low price the Lakers sold him for. He fits our system far better, and is far more valuable to us than any player that he would likely yield in a trade.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was a great move to get rid of Brewer, now he needs to be flipped to give us space to get a better player who fits in a position of weakness...PF, C for instance.

He is a redundant piece.....

DD

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Also, not every player is going to dominate in every series. Lou was a MONSTER against OKC, while Clint struggled. Lou struggled against SAS, and Clint dominated. That's how it goes with role-players and 7th men off the bench. We are so lucky to have his talent at 7 for the enormously cheap price. James Harden is the guy that needs to be more consistent from game to game and series to series.

Moe likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Against the Spurs in Game 1,4 and 5 Lou played an average of 27 minutes a game.
    2 Wins and a Harden Meltdown that should have been a Win.

In our Losses, Games 2, 3 and 6, Lou played an average of 16 minutes.

As 7th man, it's not easy to get 20 points every single night when you are the 5th, 6th option, with hyper-limited minutes and a drunken James Harden. We would have been better off benching Harden in game 6 and letting Lou play 40 minutes.