1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lou Williams Six man of the year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sjackson0, Jul 4, 2015.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Williams has a career 21.3 AST%, he's plenty good play maker off the bench. For comparisons sake, Harden's career AST% is 23.4

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Williams shoots a ton of threes, gets to the FT line at a high rate, and when he's been used as a secondary playmaker he's given his teams 5-6 AST/36 with a low TOV rate. Who gives a crap that he shot 40.4% from the field last year? He had a 56.4% TS%!

IMO he's exactly the kind of playmaking/scoring help at guard that Harden wants.

3. pass_to_Hakeem

**** KEVIN MARTIN!!!!

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

"Sweet Lou for two!" -- I can hear Bill Worrell saying it now.

Would love to see him as that secondary play maker for the Rockets.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I like Lou alot, back in the day when he was with Philly I would have traded Lowry for him. He is the definition of a combp Guard and he is probably one of the better option on the market right now. Its just a matter of what is his price. I feel Mo Williams would be cheaper then Lou atm and still give the same production, but who knows who the Rockets are looking at.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Some team will overpay for Lou. Probably will get around 10m a yr.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Surprised it hasn't happen it......i'd be willing to give the it all to him, thats how much better he makes are bench. Comes of the pine with one thing in mind.....create shots

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lou is hugely underrated, but I'd still be shocked if he signed that cheap.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

My opinion from what I saw in Toronto, and I saw a lot last year:
    [​IMG]

My opinion based on Houston's offensive strategy:
    yeah sure, Lou will fit in our offense, because it's already isolations based, so there won't be any team chemistry to ruin or teammates to piss off any more than usually. Sure, it would be Dwight's last year in Houston, but for Lou "selfish chucker" Williams it's worth it, right? And don't give me his assist percentages, I watched a lot of Raptors games. Their coach/Lou combo was the reason for Raptors' epic meltdown last year.

10. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I saw a few of his games too and i know what you're talking about even though I believe you are exaggerating a tad lol

Toronto is a different team than ours....totally different. The Raps didn't have a need for Lou to score like he did from the bench, but worked a lot for them enough though it stagnated their offense at times. We are designed different, we actually need a wing that can score in the ISO because we have nothing but Harden to do so. He would be a "grace" to our offense and would have the the green light that was given to Jeremy Lin, but would be able to deliver. Now it's just a wish list of mine because i don't think the full MLE is even enough.

If not this....Spend the whole MLE on Aaron Brooks, KJ and Josh Smith and lets go lol

11. Mprice

Mprice Member

again, where is everyone getting this myth from? Just curious.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lou Williams if he signs for less than the contract we gave Bev would be great. I'd offer full MLE for 5 years and lock him up for dirt cheap when the salary cap expands.

Honestly the Rox are making a killing this year with Bev, Brew and possibly KJ and Smith locked in on the cheap, most other players like Baynes are already making new cap salary LOL.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not a myth, all the "Morey treats his players like assets" stupid crap came from Kmart...which is ironic because DM and his crew were his biggest supporters, people called him dirty and a flopper who couldn't score without the refs calling a foul and the ROX FO were the only ones I know who praised his ability to get to the line.

Here's some proof (along with CF numbnuts talking about how being smart is dumb and being dumb is awesome):
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=203559

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hopefully we can sign josh and KJ without needing to dip into the MLE.

i'd actually try to do a S&T for lou to save the MLE. they need a PF to complete their lineup, and with josh resigned we can trade jones and papa's NG contract for lou.

finally, we could use the MLE to complete the backcourt with stuckey or mo williams.

dwight-capela-harrell
    dmo-josh-wood
    ariza-brew-dekker
    harden-lou-terry
    beverley-stuckey-johnson

facing the warriors with the extra fire power of dmo, lou, and stuckey... and extra defense of beverley... might've helped us win another game or two. and if they end up losing barbosa and david lee... the scale might tip in our direction.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Him and his 2 gfs would be awesome.

16. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lakers just signed him. Any other FA still left available? It feels this offseason, everyone available is flying off the shelves.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Dude had 2.1 APG last year in 26 MPG. That is pathetic for a guard with as ma.y touches as he gets. WTF does assist % even mean? Don't try to get all academic to confuse the obvious - he's a blackhole. Would not work with us at all. Probably why he went for less than Brewer

19. DMO (DJ remix)

As a guy who watches a lot of Raps games i'm happy the Rockets didn't get him, he can sometimes win you few games, but most of the time he will shoot you out of them. Can't really play D as well.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i don't think the rockets wanted him at $7M per... same for stuckey. they were good MLE targets, but we got priced out.

i think the targets now are:

lawson (its a reach)
    jennings (might only be available if they keep jackson)
    chalmers
    mo williams
    brooks