1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Lot of DISNEY CLASSICS and more on VHS

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by SwoLy-D, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

For Sale: Lot of DISNEY CLASSICS and more on VHS

I have The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast, and the Jurassic Park Trilogy among others (see picture), all on VHS.

These are classics you won't find for cheap.

Make me an offer, dudes. I am on the west side of Houston, around the Briar Forest / Dairy Ashford area if you want to meet up.

I wanted you dudes to have a chance to get these. Otherwise, I'll be donating them to charity.

:cool:

[​IMG]

Someone with a VHS player in your kids' bedroom would take these.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i'd try to sell mine too, but all of these are on dvd now :(

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Who has a VHS anymore? Last one I had was a combo with DVD...but the DVD part broke...toshiba POS....so I tossed it.

Those are some classics.

#3 Uprising, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

What's a VHS :confused:

I have all of those on Blu ray except jusrassic parks and hercules

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

VHS is a "video home system", sir. :eek: They were quite marketable in the mid 90s and were popular since the early 80's.

I have those movies in Blu-ray, too, this is why I'm giving these away.
    I do. It's actually a DVD/VHS combo in my daughter's bedroom but she hardly watches VHS movies. I only kept some that we still don't have on Blu-ray or DVD. These I'm giving away are the ones we already have on digital format.

I spent $50 to buy both Lion King and Beauty and the Beast before they were out on DVD at a resale shop online... no one else had them. When we had people over and their kids wanted to watch something, I would pop that into the DVD/VCR and their kids would watch, and their parents really liked that we still had them. This was before Lion King was released on "Platinum" DVD a decade later. Now we are trying to get rid of as many things as we can, and these were some of the last things.

:cool:

6. likestohypeguy

You know I've never had a vcr player tell me "operation not permitted" when pressing fast forward, & require that I watch previews. & I don't think I've ever scratched a vhs tape enough to affect operation either.

I just didn't realize how old some of those titles were already, and/or how late they were still releasing vhs tapes.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Disney VHS tapes used to be worth a lot because they would come out on a sales limited time rotation... that's bye-bye with DVD and Blu-ray. Some people would probably want them to finish a collection, but they're pretty worthless.

8. joesr

joesr Member

lol, pron was harder to watch on vhs